Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NorthCoast

Coming Monday?

15 posts in this topic

Anyone have any insight or speculation?

I have both since I provided services to the players earlier in the week :camera: ...but I pledged confidentiality until the media embargo is lifted (Monday). Aside from knowing who is involved (all BIG names), I don't know very much about their specific direction. But suffice to say that it should be very interesting to see what happens.

i hope not, i hope it's a new skyscaper. but, this new group could lead to some BIG developments downtown, that may not be possible now. This could be amazing, if they all agree on decisions, but but i hope there's something a little more. :good:

Doubtful that it's a skyscraper. Knape said it wasn't anything like that, but rather regarding "inside baseball stuff."

Yep, I think the merger is your story of the day.

The three of them were on News 8 this morning.

Interesting potential here.

Might make it easier for outside investment to participate in big projects in GR.

BORING!!!! (Insert Homer Simpson "BOOOOO!" here)

Man, I really thought this would be some good news on 240 Ionia/275 Fulton/Corporate HQ in DT GR

Oh well, progress is progress, I guess...

BORING!!!! (Insert Homer Simpson "BOOOOO!" here)

Man, I really thought this would be some good news on 240 Ionia/275 Fulton/Corporate HQ in DT GR

Oh well, progress is progress, I guess...

Agreed. :) Not that I don't wish this new merger good luck, but it really is an "inside baseball" news item. There isn't really any mention in the article about bringing new opportunities here. More of giving their current clients a more diverse investment property portfolio outside of this area. There "may" be some residual benefits of the added exposure down the road, but add "may" + "down the road" together and I don't think we'll hear anything new and exciting out of this any time soon.

It could also do the opposite and limit new projects. There was a great variety of projects that these firms worked on individually, each with their own focus. Some of the smaller projects may slip through the cracks as "no longer feasable" for the big new firm. I hope not...

Some of the smaller projects may slip through the cracks as "no longer feasable" for the big new firm. I hope not...

Not exactly what I was hoping for but I can see the potential down the road for this to be pretty significant.