Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Veloise

Spending your "stupid check"

21 posts in this topic

Since mine just arrived, and promptly went out again, I thought it would be interesting to see how others spent theirs.

Modern Appliance (virtually inaccessible these days thanks to the College St reno) provided me with my first in-home laundry, nice refurbished W/D set. This happened yesterday, and now all my winter blankies and sweaters are freshly washed and ready to store.

Next week I'll be using my tax refund on the services of a glass block place.

Yup, trying to shop locally.

Married, so got the double check.

Half went to debt. Half went to the Wii, controllers, games and the surprisingly addicting Wii Fit.

I'm thinking of putting mine towards some equipment so I can DJ again. That'll cost me around $100, the rest I'll probably store in savings for a while to help me through college. (I'm sure it'll poof before next summer.)

Wow, G-Dub will hate me for this, but we spent ours on a week in Montreal. He giveth, I taketh, I spendeth in French Canada. SINNER!

I am spending mine on a down payment on a house... well kinda, it will probably actually go toward new windows or something. =)

Ironically mine will go toward debt incurred paying taxes.

I paid off my cruise coming up next March. I'll be sure to toast GW with a Montecristo cigar and a glass of scotch when I get to the Cayman Islands.

You could say that it paid for 90% of the new bicycles Amy and I bought this spring. You could also say it was about the same amount that we owed the federal gov't for our taxes this year.

I'll go with the bicycles because it's more exciting.

Yeah, in reality the money just went into my checking account, which is just a pool of money I use to pay for stuff. So I have no idea what the actual $600 was spent on. I also put more money into savings and stocks a couple weeks ago.

We splurged our GW check on 52" Toshiba Rezga LCD HDTV and Alvin and the Chipmunks on DVD to inaugurate it. Stunning picture quality.

Were on the Dave Ramsey plan, so no toys for us. :(

From the mailbox, right into the emergency fund.

Ours is sitting in a money market account waiting for the right new (used) car to come around.

And props to GR_Urbanist, it might suck for a while, but it works and once the first few steps are done it can be pretty sweet.

Were on the Dave Ramsey plan, so no toys for us. :(

From the mailbox, right into the emergency fund.

New laptop and a Dyson vacuum. I cannot believe how much more 'stuff' those Dyson's get up than standard vacuums. I've noticed my allergies are a ton better since we've got it. ;)

We still don't have ours. :(

When we get it, It'll go toward our kids' college funds. Exciting!!!

I put mine into the checking account and then spent money. So it probably paid for groceries/house supplies/bills. It's sad because I don't think I spent it on myself. :( Kudos to cheshireguy though!

Because with the economy the way it is and so many people struggling, ours went to Mel Trotter, etc. to help people who really need the money.