Goin' to Vancouver, what to do?

GRguy

OK, I am taking a trip to this exciting city in September and would like to have some suggestions from those "in the know". I will a have a few days without an agenda. I will have a car.

Is staying in the city the best idea? Leaving town to see other close-by areas? Restaurants, districts, sights, views, all are welcome. I will be on a budget, so no 5 star restaurant suggestions please! :P

• 3 months later...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Use the skytrain, to survey the city. Transfer onto the ferry (free) to cross the harbor and see North Van and look back out to the city. Sit down and enjoy WHERE you are. Don't worry about doing, just try to remember everything you see. It's a beautiful place in the summer. See Gastown, see Chinatown.

• 3 years later...

What do you want to do on the Christmas? If you have not any good type in Vancouver that you can enjoy some various cultural events — either in theatre or ballet. I really recommend maybe the best event Festival of Lights in Van Dusen Botanical Garden. This event is ideal for children as well. I also love a traditional Christmas by Vancouver Symphony Orchestra - the best classic tunes from the most famous classic man.

• 2 years later...

Also heading to Vancouver in November. Couple of free days. Staying near Gastown. If anyone sees this in time, I'd love to hear ideas for a good authentic day. Not into stereotypical touristy stuff. Prefer the grittier stuff, greasy food, or fresh local food. Best coffee shop. Best laid back bar. Etc. Thanks in advance. 

Archived