2008 US Presidential Race, Obama vs McCain

monsoon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^^hard to imagine that Hillary was 35 points ahead of the rest of the Dem pack this time last year.......and yes ol' Maybelline Rudy Guiliani was the undisputed leader of the Reps last year. (did we ever figure out why he wears so much confounded make up?????)

2008 will surely go down in history as the election year with the most anemic Rep candidates.

history will be made on a historic anniversary

On AUG. 28, 1963, Martin Luther King Jr delivered his "I have a Dream" speech

On AUG. 28, 2008, Barak Obama will make his democratic nomination acceptance speech for president of the United States at the democratic convention in Denver

One of the CNN guys mentioned this last night. What an amazing coincidence of dates -- 45 years later one can realistically say that much of MLK's 'dream' is coming true. I doubt we have to think too hard about the theme of speeches that night

what I find interesting is that a new gallop poll between Obama and McCain has been released and Obama has 62% of the Hispanic vote to McCain's 29%......remember all the media pundents said Obama will have trouble with the Hispanic vote just because Hillary faired better with that population? As I've told many people, there is a difference between the primaries and the general election......my guess is that Obama will get most of the "uneducated" working class older white votes as well. For the most part, democrats are going to stick with whoever the democratic candidate is.

what I find interesting is that a new gallop poll between Obama and McCain has been released and Obama has 62% of the Hispanic vote to McCain's 29%......remember all the media pundents said Obama will have trouble with the Hispanic vote just because Hillary faired better with that population? As I've told many people, there is a difference between the primaries and the general election......my guess is that Obama will get most of the "uneducated" working class older white votes as well. For the most part, democrats are going to stick with whoever the democratic candidate is.

^ Intriguing (and I like it), but two relative unknowns would probably upset the balance that Obama, by himself, treads the line on. He'll probably have to select someone who more people have heard of, or at least has a longer voting record that we can pore over.

This is for all who supported Hillary.

For all the bitter women Hillary supporters, think about this. If John McCain becomes president, he WILL appoint people to the Supreme Court Justice that will reverse Roe vs Wade, a woman's right to choose. He actually said this. Now some say well that wont happen because we have a democratic congress that wont allow it but think about this. Once someone is appointed to the supreme court, they are there for life. That means the next time the republicans control congress, Roe vs Wade will be reversed. A woman's right will be taken away. So think about who you vote for this year and dont vote for John McCain just because Hillary didnt win the nomination. The truth is Obama and Hillary are the same on the issues and both want universal healthcare for all. So if you are TRULY voting on the issues, you will support Obama. A vote against Obama is a slap in the face to Hillary and everything she has fought for including universal healthcare. Remember its not about the candidate, its about the future of this nation. We are at a fork in the road. We can either continue the dreadful path we are on or we can take the path to a brighter future for all. Bitterness will get you nowhere and in the end it hurts everyone.

This is what is says on John McCaign's campaign website:

"John McCain believes Roe v. Wade is a flawed decision that must be overturned"

This is what someone overseas (England) had to say about McCain:

"*Before* his election, Bush seemed okay. McCain already lies and talks like a moron, but I still think many dullards will vote for him."

This is the unfortunate truth. We just have to make sure that more folks see that Obama is the best option in our arsenal for making this country a better place from the inside out.

Archived