2008 US Presidential Race, Obama vs McCain

monsoon

John McCain said earlier this week on NBC's Today show that it's not important when American troops come home from Iraq. When taken to task for this comment by the Democrats, he, his campagn and the GOP became quite indignant that he was being taken out of context. Here is some Olbermann commentary on that.

Part I

Part II

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Olberman has become an hour long infomercial for Obama. Olberman doesn't even attempt to hide his bias and hatred for those that disagree with him, even going after Katie Couric for questioning a journalist who admitted to getting caught up in the Obama hype, he made her the worst person in the world for it. Really? Yesterday it was Scalia's turn to be the worst person in the world. He beat out quite a few people, including Robert Mugabe who has jailed his opposition for treason and taken food aid that was to go to impoverished children to distribute it among his supporters. To Olberman, Scalia and Couric of more deserving of the worst person in the world award. :rolleyes:

^We are not at war with Kosovo and 4000+ soldiers have not been killed there. McCain say we "must with this WAR in Iraq", "we must have victory". People get killed in wars. It is not the same situation at all, but I do understand it is a disingenuous attempt to use an association fallacy to justify Iraq.

^We are not at war with Kosovo and 4000+ soldiers have not been killed there. McCain say we "must with this WAR in Iraq", "we must have victory". People get killed in wars. It is not the same situation at all, but I do understand it is a disingenuous attempt to use an association fallacy to justify Iraq.

Ah c'mon people, Countdown with Keith Olbermann isn't a news show! It's a news and entertainment program that makes no claims of objectivity. So what if he's an overt Democrat?

Thank heavens for Keith Olbermann. Seems like he and Dennis Kucinich are the only two prominent people in Washington who have dared to stand up and say the truth about all that's gone on the last 7 years.

It's been reported today that former Senator Sam Nunn, D-Georgia is on the "short list" of possible vice presidential candidates.......

This was a bit of a surprise for me, since I so clearly remember ol' Sam during the "gays in the military" hearings of the 1990s. Those hearings were held by Nunn, Gen. Colin Powell and other well known military figures of the time. Never have I seen a politician so obviously anxious, as Sam Nunn was that day, while interviewing an openly gay air force pilot. Ol' Sam was sweating, trembling slightly....maybe he thought that talking to that pilot was going to give him HIV.....

Then when the interview was over, Nunn returned to his normal owlish self............what a sissy. A hetero sissy. I sure hope Barack goes with a more enlightened individual as a running mate.

The same report also said that John Edwards was on that short list right along with Nunn.

On another note, Obama has declined to accept public money to help finance his campaign, instead opting for private donations so that there will not be any limitations to how much he can use.

We are not at war with Iraq either, we are fighting against groups in Iraq who want to take over the Iraqi government in place. If Obama pulls out the troops in his first year with Iraq still unsettled, those groups will succeed. Olberman is the one being disingenuous here.

Also I didn't call Olberman any names, he does that in every other sentence that comes out of his mouth. He is the Michael Savage of the left, you must take these people with a grain of salt and realize where they are coming from.

Which "Iraqi Government" do you speak of? The loose collection of self-professed leaders who make dictates that are ignored by 20-some million remaining Iraqis? The militant groups in Iraq did not have the legitimacy or power they currently wield before 2003; our invasion destabilized the region and gave leaders like al-Sadr a platform to promote violence as a means for repulsing an illegitimate intruder.

So why haven't they said when our troops can come home? The "surge" which is nothing but a euphonism for escalation, is a failure because no enemy has been defeated, no defined objectives achieved, and no end in sight. And it's costing us $12Billion/month to maintain. I don't know about you but that spells failure in my book.

cpeaksesqr why don't you tell us why you think the "surge" is working. If the goal was nothing more than keeping our troops safe, then I know a much much cheaper and less dangerous option for that. Vote for Barak Obama.

The latest Newsweek Magazine presidential poll shows Obama leading McCain nationally 51-36. (with a margin of error of 4 points)

Obama's camp is also planning on challenging McCain in Georgia (a pretty reliable red state) and has started TV ads. The campaign has announced they will challenge McCain in other red states as well.

Only 14% of Americans polled believe the country is going in the right direction. This bodes ill for McCain since he has latched onto the Bush Doctrine which is so unpopular.

McCain's top adviser, Charly Black, told Fortune magazine that McCain would benefit if there were another 9/11 style attack on the USA. He also said the assassination of Pakistan's democratic challenger to the dictator running that country, Benazir Bhutto, helped McCain win the New Hampshire primary because it showed he was ready to be commander in chief.

I wonder if that means we are going to get an "October Surprise". McCain has said that it isn't true.

-----------

Aside from that Republican commentator David Brooks, NYTimes, said that McCain does not seem to have any coherent platform.

On a call-in radio show this week I listened to people's reflections about the upcoming election.

One man said he wasn't planning on voting for Obama. The reasons:

1. he didn't trust Obama "because he changed his name from Barry to Barack"

2. he won't vote for anyone that refuses to wear a flag on his coat lapel

When we all wonder how Bush got in, this is the answer. It's the backwardness and ignorance of millions of Americans....People like that lame brain on the radio show could very well put McCain in the White House. I shudder to think how many voters think in such simplistic ways.

On a call-in radio show this week I listened to people's reflections about the upcoming election.

One man said he wasn't planning on voting for Obama. The reasons:

1. he didn't trust Obama "because he changed his name from Barry to Barack"

2. he won't vote for anyone that refuses to wear a flag on his coat lapel

When we all wonder how Bush got in, this is the answer. It's the backwardness and ignorance of millions of Americans....People like that lame brain on the radio show could very well put McCain in the White House. I shudder to think how many voters think in such simplistic ways.

Archived