Michigan Film-Making Projects/Tax Credits

GRDadof3

Iroquois Middle School could become the main set for a thriller movie starring Samuel L. Jackson:

http://blog.mlive.com/grpress/2008/08/iroq...ol_could_b.html

Sounds like GRPS is just hammering out the lease details, and the movie production would entail about 40 camera crew members working for about 4 months in the school. Parking? Probably on the lawn?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Iroquois Middle School could become the main set for a thriller movie starring Samuel L. Jackson:

Sounds like GRPS is just hammering out the lease details, and the movie production would entail about 40 camera crew members working for about 4 months in the school. Parking? Probably on the lawn?

So sweet...looks like I'm going to be buddies with Sam. I'm in the market for one of those hats he wears. It'll be shooting across the street from my house!

I can't wait to see Samuel Jackson in line behind me at the Pita House :lol:

That dude scares me a bit though...

Great news though!

I can't wait to see Samuel Jackson in line behind me at the Pita House :lol:

That dude scares me a bit though...

Great news though!

I think there might be a picture of him in Yesterdog wearing one of their hats. Maybe now he can finally fulfill the burning desire to sample their fare that he's had ever since wearing the hat. :P

So sweet...looks like I'm going to be buddies with Sam. I'm in the market for one of those hats he wears. It'll be shooting across the street from my house!

Meetup at PR-15's! :alc:

They're calling this movie a "thriller", titled "Unthinkable". I wonder what kind of thriller? Strangely, Jackson was in an M. Night Shyamalan thriller called "Unbreakable", with Bruce Willis. Is M. Night going to be wandering around Easttown too?

Meetup at PR-15's! :alc:

They're calling this movie a "thriller", titled "Unthinkable". I wonder what kind of thriller? Strangely, Jackson was in an M. Night Shyamalan thriller called "Unbreakable", with Bruce Willis. Is M. Night going to be wandering around Easttown too?

Bring it!! I sometimes hit golf balls in the soccer field (just the wedges)...my new soon-to-be-buddy Sam is a huge golfer.

Bring it!! I sometimes hit golf balls in the soccer field (just the wedges)...my new soon-to-be-buddy Sam is a huge golfer.

It says in a more recent article that the production crew is also scouting out other businesses and homes in GR. Sam could be enjoying a hot dog at your place come Labor Day Weekend! :tough:

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/local/story.asp...99&catid=48

Internet Movie database (imdb.com) has a short synopsis of the film plus the site lists "Michigan, USA" as the filming location. Also you can find a teaser poster here (found through the message board on imdb).

It looks like Gregor Jordan (who?) is the Director, not M. Night Shyamalan.

Any idea if the movie is going to take place in Grand Rapids as well?

Sounds like no Samuel L. Jackson in GR.

Story on Mlive

Local leaders said shooting the movie could have given Grand Rapids a short-term economic boost and raised the city's national profile.

I don't know. When people watch movies, do they really know/care where the movie was shot? Maybe if the scenery is something striking and out of the ordinary, perhaps.

Local leaders said shooting the movie could have given Grand Rapids a short-term economic boost and raised the city's national profile.

I don't know. When people watch movies, do they really know/care where the movie was shot? Maybe if the scenery is something striking and out of the ordinary, perhaps.

Yeah, I'm sure "The Shining" didn't do Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood any favors...

"Here'ssss Johnny"

Yeah, I'm sure "The Shining" didn't do Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood any favors...

"Here'ssss Johnny"

What it did was shined a light on the place for paranormal fans. I remember hearing about the paranormal tourism concept some time ago that mentioned this lodge. People actually plan trips to places where ghostly images and psychic phenomena have been known to occur. B&Bs that are haunted usually are popular places to stay with those folks.

"Here'ssss Johnny"

Ha ha. I'd have a hard time sleeping in that place.

On the other hand, the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island milks that Somewhere in Time connection pretty effectively each summer.

I've ranted about this topic earlier - so I'll merely pull a quote from Serba's article:

===

"It'll be interesting to see who starts construction first," Hert said, referring to 10 West and V-One Entertainment, which plans to build soundstages in Grand Rapids, southwest Michigan and Ann Arbor.

===

Given all the confusion surrounding the mechanics and limitations of this legislation, I'm not holding my breath...

Val Kilmer to possibly hang out at the GR Press building, shoot movie

And here people thought the Press building wasn't good for anything. :rolleyes:

Not quite the same as Mr. Jackson, PR-15, but Val is pretty cool. :shades:

Wow...I've never seen such a nothing article about nothing being confirmed...no one's talking.

Regardless, Val doesn't wear cool hats with Kangaroos on them like Samuel L. does...

...plus he never starred in Pulp Fiction. :tough:

Wow...I've never seen such a nothing article about nothing being confirmed...no one's talking.

Regardless, Val doesn't wear cool hats with Kangaroos on them like Samuel L. does...

...plus he never starred in Pulp Fiction. :tough:

Ya know, I don't think I've seen Val in anything lately. Probably going all the way back to The Doors (in which he was an excellent Jim Morrison). Early 90's?

I thought this was pretty much a non-story too with all the holes. Nobody's talking actual confirmed details and here's another curiousity, the movie site imbd.com usually has info on all movies in production, even info about movies in pre-production and there's NOTHING about this film they're calling "The Steam Experiment." Even attempted to cross reference by looking up Val Kilmer and none of the movies he's connected to recently even fit the bill - 20's era, etc. Strange. :dontknow:

*fish

Archived