Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DwntwnGeo

DeVos Building Renovation for Spout and Windquest

118 posts in this topic

Gone for a long time, methinks. If I can get ahold of my uncle I'll ask him, but I'm not even sure if he knows.

I'd truly be shocked if the clock didn't return. It is too nice, and too much of a landmark on the building to be gone. It would be a big disappointment if they didn't put it back up.

Joe

New sign on the front calls the building 201 Monroe, architect VIA Design. Explains their signature sloped bump outs (like Celebration Village).

3716971991_5c85449c9d_o.jpg

3716972197_b1ac23c2f3_o.jpg

First and second floor restaurant concept:

3717785822_e79c5bca11_o.jpg

3716971907_ec377dba09_o.jpg

Looks nice but where's the clock?! That would be a cryin' shame!

Joe

New sign on the front calls the building 201 Monroe, architect VIA Design. Explains their signature sloped bump outs (like Celebration Village).

3716971991_5c85449c9d_o.jpg

3716972197_b1ac23c2f3_o.jpg

First and second floor restaurant concept:

3717785822_e79c5bca11_o.jpg

3716971907_ec377dba09_o.jpg

Looks nice but where's the clock?! That would be a cryin' shame!

Joe

Looks great. I like how the design ties the building in with the look of Devos Place but remaining in character of the building original architecture.

My guess with the clock is that they (architect and/or client) feel that it doesn't fit with the new design since it is neither historical (of the era of the building) nor sleek and modern. From that standpoint I agree, but like others, I'd like to see it resurface somewhere - even somewhere else in the city.

Looks great. I like how the design ties the building in with the look of Devos Place but remaining in character of the building original architecture.

So I know there are Pomegranate / Spout / Art Prize people on Urban Planet. What happened to the clock? The building is 75 years old, is the clock that much younger? Here's a picture w/ clock:

IMG_5282.JPG

Really want to figure out if the clock was trashed.

Joe

A few recent photos. I forgot to check if the clock is back.

4231030701_c5822ebc1d_b.jpg

4231032365_04077248e4_b.jpg

4231034345_6cbdf6b7b6_b.jpg

Nice pics. Is it done? When do tenants start moving in?

Joe

Eesh, looks like someone attempted to paint an updated wardrobe on the Mona Lisa.

I think it's funkadelic.

I'm curious to see how the slanted entrance came out. Aside from that, the rest of the add-ons aren't all that noticeable from street level.

If there is anything I'm not particularly impressed with, it is the windows. The alse double-hung units look flat and just that - fake. Notice in ridetherapid's third photo the one odd set of real operating windows on the top floor looks so much better than the rest. If the intent was to restore a bit of authenticity by installing proportionally correct windows, that extra little bit of depth would have made the results 10% better.

Of course one could argue that operable windows do not have a place in most modern office buildings. Thus, because they wouldn't be used, such windows would be just for show/aesthetics anyway.

Nice pics. Is it done? When do tenants start moving in?

Joe