Nicest Neighborhoods in Nashville

nashvillebillionare

Ok so which neighborhoods do you all think are the nicest in the midstate?

for me its:

1. Of course all of Belle Meade

2. Lauerlbrooke (becasue of the grandeur of the estates and the greenness of the neighborhood (e.g. its not just a bunch of big houses, but has beautiful lakes, etc.))

3. Northumberland (Huge, beautiful houses)

4. Bancroft (up and coming neighborhood with some of the most expensive real estate on the market in Nashville

5. Forrest Hills

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it all depends on what you describe as "nice". to many people on this board, that could mean affordable housing. to others it could mean giant houses. while it is nice to see what everyone's opinions are on what a nice neighborhood consists of, let's hope it doesn't turn into a vs. thread. I myself don't really have a favorite kind of neighborhood. Pedestrian friendly is really one of my only requests. I find it encourages people to get out of their houses and communicate with their neighborhood better.

This depends on what is meant by "neighborhood". Belle Meade and Forest Hills are cities within Metro Nashville. East End is a very large sector of the city comprised of many smaller neighborhoods/developments. Bancroft, Laurelrook, Northumberland, Bancroft, etc. are residential developments. Crieve Hall, Sylvan Park, Hillsboro/West End are more broadly recognized as neighborhood areas.

Within Metro Nashville, I think the nicest include:

Neighborhoods: Sylvan Park, Hillsboro/West End, Whitland, Waverly/Belmont, Green Hills, Lipscomb, Hillwood, West Meade, Waverly/Belmont.

Unincorporated cities: Belle Meade, Forest Hills, Oak Hill.

Residential developments: Whitworth, Bancroft, Laurelbrook, Northumberland

This depends on what is meant by "neighborhood". Belle Meade and Forest Hills are cities within Metro Nashville. East End is a very large sector of the city comprised of many smaller neighborhoods/developments. Bancroft, Laurelrook, Northumberland, Bancroft, etc. are residential developments. Crieve Hall, Sylvan Park, Hillsboro/West End are more broadly recognized as neighborhood areas.

Within Metro Nashville, I think the nicest include:

Neighborhoods: Sylvan Park, Hillsboro/West End, Whitland, Waverly/Belmont, Green Hills, Lipscomb, Hillwood, West Meade, Waverly/Belmont.

Unincorporated cities: Belle Meade, Forest Hills, Oak Hill.

Residential developments: Whitworth, Bancroft, Laurelbrook, Northumberland

I'm glad South Inglewood put up their fancy new signs. I always just referred to it as the "Middle Earth."

I guess if I were picking neighborhoods that appeal to me:

Hillsboro Village/Belmont

Belle Meade, natch, might even get me a horse.

Inglewood on the high Cumberland Bluff, Brush Hill area

Green Hills, but only if I was on top of a hill

The Hills of Granny White...what is that called, anyway.

it lets me know when to lock my doors on my way to the bank. :P on a serious note though, i would love it if there was a revitalization on gallatin rd here. it seems like a mess of used car lots, check cashing places and consignment shops. even some trees with wider sidewalks would be a nice improvement. maybe even make a type of main street for inglewood with two to three story businesses on either side with some room for greenspace. i had heard somewhere that there might be a bill that restricts used car lots. does anyone else know about this? inglewood has a lot of potential and i'd love to see it flourish.

Archived