Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smeagolsfree

Vista Germantown Apartments

27 posts in this topic

I have known about this one for over a year, but have not seen it in print until now. The NBJ is saying Bristol will start the 233 unit complex in late summer. This is a market that is untapped right now and Bristol seems to be filling a hole.

This one will be between 5th and 6th on Jefferson.

http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville.../09/story6.html

Vista Germantown:

vista_germantown_page1.jpg

[edit: the first image I posted was noted as 'flipped', so I changed it to the original version which I found elsewhere on their site.]

Thanks for the rendering. It was also in the NBJ, but not available unless you have a subscription.

It's very good to see more apartments built in the downtown area. This is a large project that will bring lots more people to downtown. Yeah!

While I, personally, find it ugly, I think it's a great filler for a neighborhood and will complete the block and continue to tie DT to Germantown.

I think it's ugly too. From which structures in the immediate vicinity does the Vista draw inspiration? The Mapco? The Rite Aid? Certainly not the old brick school building across the street, or the Onyx building on the next block. I think any building on this stretch of Jefferson [or anywhere, actually] should be attractive, smartly designed, and built with materials that would compliment the historic neighborhood setting. Isn't this site within the historic overlay?

That is Great news. I am going to see their 1700 Midtown tomorrow, hopefully it is making a nice impact on that midtown area. Vista Germantown will help ensure an urban feel to an area with a lot of potential. Glad it is going to begin, and be rentals, in January.

Fantastic! I guess this has been delayed because the first article said they would start in late summer and be open early 2010! Uh...six months to build this? I am sure the dates were wrong in the Tennessean. It would not be the first time they printed something wrong.

They were digging up rock at this lot last weekend. Moving forward?

I saw some rock around what I thought was the site... I'm not sure it is, but I hope it is.

Digging at the corner of 4th and Jefferson across from Geist:

3124789603_2c8e4eeb4f.jpg

So this location would be Jefferson St Lofts, not Bristol?

There should probably be a separate thread about Jefferson Street Lofts.. both projects are being discussed in this thread.

Building permits have been issued for Vista Germantown at 515 Madison St.

$32mil, to start this fall and open by spring 2012.

2 apartment buildings, total of 242 units, a 4.5 story parking garage, and 2600 sq ft retail

http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville/stories/2010/09/27/daily1.html?surround=lfn

http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville/stories/2010/09/27/daily25.html?surround=lfn

If Germantown is to have such a large-scale building, that building should front Jefferson. So this is a fine spot for Vista Germantown.

Now, as to the design...I've got some concerns. I do like what Southeast Venture's architectural division has done with previous projects (1700 Midtown, Nashville School of Law Building, etc.). However, this design does seem a big uninspired and "faux traditional." The main developer is a REIT out of Ohio and that has essentially taken the lead with the blessings of Bristol Development Group. BDG will maintain a minority stake in the project and, of course, Southeast is staying on as architect.

WW

I like the massing and addressing the street, however I will need to see a more detaile rendering for a final analysis. We need thousands of these throughout the city.

BR86

Agreed with Blue Raider. Infill Nashville with a thousand (heck, I'd take 100) of these type mixed-use buildings and this city would be rocking -- much like the Urban Planet Nashville Chapter gang does the first Saturday of each month.

The next time you see Producer2 in your building, grab him, and bring him to a forum meet. It would be nice to have him in the group!

BR86

The next time you see Producer2 in your building, grab him, and bring him to a forum meet. It would be nice to have him in the group!

BR86

I saw Producer 2 in the building recently. He needs to join us. It's been too long.

WW

Smeagolsfree and ESU were driving around yesterday and they gave me a few tidbits to post.

1) Vista Germantown is a reality well underway with the pad poured for a tower crane. This will be a welcome addition to the north side skyline. The buildings massing will be somewhat of a change for Nashville. This may be the first multi-unit building of this size in Nashville that is not a tower on the skyline.

2) The owner of the 12 South Beer Taproom has located a pub in the Werthan Mills development. It may be worth trying.

3) The Adventure playpark is coming into shape, and one can visualize the lay out of the park now.

4) The NABRICO Building is really starting to show signs of the renovations as piles have been driven and concrete has been poured for the addition on the north face of the building. It would be nice to see this building finished and lit up the next time the Titans have a home game on a Sunday or a Monday night either in 2011 or 2012 if the strike commences after the draft season in the spring.

I am going to pin this thread as Vista Germantown will and should be a topic of discussion for a long while.

BR86

For reference:

Gtownapart.jpg

Should provide a major impact in this area.