Symphony Tower - Atlanta

Atlanta's newest skyscraper is in the beginning stages of construction. It's a beautiful building that is going to make a giant impact on the Atlanta skyline!

Symphony Tower!

peachtree_main_1.jpg

72symphony3.jpg

72symphony2.jpg

1180 Peachtree marks the reemergence of Atlanta's skyscraper tradition. The project is comprised of over 1,100,000 square feet of office, retail and parking for 1,200 cars, rising forty-one floors to a height of over 645 feet ? the equivalent of a fifty story high rise. It will serve as the international headquarters for one of the top 50 law firms in the world, King & Spalding.

Sited at the corner of 14th and Peachtree, the project affirms midtown Atlanta as the premier location in one of the largest metropolitan areas in the United States. 1180 Peachtree will unite professional, business and retail services with the arts. The project is designed to enhance the vital street life of midtown Atlanta. Restaurants, caf

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully this will set the stage for new design for future ATL towers.

ATL's most recent towers have been somewhat bland.

The renderings of the tower going up at Atlantic Station are somewhat dissapointing.

I wonder if the Symphony will have different lighting schemes.

Guest donaltopablo

When I was in Midtown about a week ago they had no broken ground yet, so technically it isn't underconstruction. However, they have signed King and Spalding, a major tenant that I believe puts them past the 50% pre-leased point so it's a little beyond proposed.

It's basically a done deal that hasn't broken ground yet (logistics probably). Even though this is a Hines project, even this one has a pretty slim chance of not being built.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest donaltopablo

LOL, it does seem very gothic or batman like.

Actually, they had an article in yesterdays newspaper (can't find the online version) that King and Spalding (the major tenant) signed the contract official and that construction begins next month.

So looks like we'll see some more cranes on the midtown skyline.

• 1 month later...
Guest donaltopablo

BTW This project has officially broken ground.

41-story office tower under way in Midtown

The tallest structure to be built in Atlanta since 1992 is under construction in Midtown on the site of the future home of the Atlanta Symphony Center.

The 41-story office tower is to rise 650 feet above the corner of Peachtree and 14th streets. The $125 million project, by the Hines development company, is slated to open in December 2005 and provide about 656,000 square feet of office space and 25,000 square feet of street-level retail.

The King & Spalding law firm will take 440,000 square feet of space in a move that takes the prestigious firm from the 191 Peachtree Tower in downtown Atlanta. King & Spalding is to move in early 2006.

Bob Voyles, a Hines senior vice president who heads the Southeast region, says Hines is working with a number of retailers and professional services firms for the remaining space.

Guest donaltopablo

saw the site this weekend.

-

We're you in town this weekend?

I hope this is a sign of things to come in midtown. I know we've got some empty space to fill up, but looking at the latest Blueprint Midtown plan, including plans for someone proposing another 50 story building in midtown, plus continued high rise condo construction, I think it could be an interesting next 5 or so years.

We're you in town this weekend?

I hope this is a sign of things to come in midtown. I know we've got some empty space to fill up, but looking at the latest Blueprint Midtown plan, including plans for someone proposing another 50 story building in midtown, plus continued high rise condo construction, I think it could be an interesting next 5 or so years.

yeah, i was there to see KMFDM at the masquerade. it was a great show, although i lost my digicam and got kicked out. twice. i was going to go back to atlanta for another concert in 2 weeks, but because i'm now banned from that club, i'll have to see it in nashville.

-

Archived