Hooters in Downtown Charlotte

monsoon

Hooters good for downtown Charlotte  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Hooters good for downtown Charlotte

• Yes - It will serve as another magnet to bring people downtown
    • No - this is not what we need for good urban development
    • What is Hooters?

I'm torn on this. There are about two times per year that the places will be out of control busy. Speed Street and football season.

Then there will always be the bankers going after work in the hopes of hitting on a hottie, and your occasional conventioneer from out of town. But for the most part, I still don't think that there is that much foot traffic uptown to make this place a "destination" visit.

A Hooters is a Hooters no matter if it is in Pineville, in Gastonia or Uptown. Nothing special anymore. Kind of like the Hard Rock - it has lost its "one of a kind" atmosphere since they are accessible everywhere anymore.

Overpriced and underwhelming food. The only redeeming qualities - most of the time - are the girls!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think there will be plenty of times that they will be slammed. There is more than just Speed Street and footbal games. Don't forget Bobcats and Checkers games and hopefully Knights games sometime this decade. Add the 20 or 30 other events that are hosted downtown and there will be regular mass gatherings downtown in addition to the bankers getting off work and regular tourists.

Archived