Albertsons sells off 49 Florida stores to Publix

plgt8

You can get a complete list of stores in the deal here:

List of Stores

and read about a brief summary of intentions here:

Pensacola News Journal Article

I assume they may shut down some duplicate location in South Florida, but hopefully, me being in Pensacola, the prospect of having 4 Publix in the city where none existed before except the greater area (Pace, Gulf Breeze, Navarre, Baldwin County)....that's quite a change. I don't see the benifit to Publix of buying & shutting those down.

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I grew up with and love Publix however I'm slightly concerned w/ the existing lack of grocery competition in areas like Tallahassee, where we currently have 11 stores. From what I know there are two Albertson's stores in Tallahassee that will become Publix now that this deal happened, and both locations already have a Publix literally just down the street. Tallahassee will most likely not have two Publix stores within several hundred yards away from each other so I'm interested to hear about what will happen.

Archived