Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spenser1058

Publix To Buy 49 Albertsons Stores In FL

13 posts in this topic

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/or...0,3245937.story

The SPTimes reports that is over half the remaining stores in Florida for Albertsons. It looks like it may be the end of an era soon for a grocer that has been in the local market since the mid- 70's. The private equity fund that bought the southern Albertsons stores a couple of years ago suggested they would either turn the stores around and continue to operate them or, failing that, look for a buyer. It looks like the latter option is occurring as they had previously exited markets in Jacksonville and south FL.

The one by Altamonte Mall,by Red Bud Road and Tuscwilla Road,in Lake Mary by Target,434 and Montgomery BLVD are staying a Albertsons.

It looks like the one in Winter Park is also staying.

That's good.

My wife and I recently started shopping at Albertsons and have been very happy with it. If you stay away from the high-priced junk food, you'll do pretty good on cost. They always have great meat and seafood sales, too. Something good every week. Their steaks are excellent and when snow crab is $3.99 or $4.99 a pound, you can't beat it!

We always used to shop Publix, but Albertsons has really improved... and the Winter Park store is very nice.

Crap! I'm going to miss the snow crab feasts.

I lose my Dr. Phillips Albertsons. Does anyone think they'd place a Greenwise concept in DP Albertson's spot or would they just shut down the Albertson's. Publix is already across the street.

Problem would be that one Publix would be that both stores couldn't make it because shoppers wouldn't know which one to go to.

Maybe they will replace it with another Grocery store Publix.

Problem would be that one Publix would be that both stores couldn't make it because shoppers wouldn't know which one to go to.

Maybe they will replace it with another Grocery store Publix.

Did that Albertsons next to Full Sail Real Word Edu. close down, or is it still there? I think it was off

Semoran. The hurricanes a couple of years ago had that place smelling pretty foul when I went in there. It's been a few years since i lived in Winter Park.

None of the Albertsons in Florida are becoming a Wal-mart Nieghborhood Market.