Publix

seaty

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still would like to see a Publix somewhere on the west side of town near the Lowes or Home Depot off of exit 196. I refuse to go to the Publix on Ocala due to the employees being so rude and there is the one on 27N and Capital Circle but I think there is the population and need for a Publix on that side of town. Harvey's just doesn't cut it....

I think I had mentioned this earlier on in this thread, but the possibility of a Publix opening in that side of town is very slim to none. The demographics just don't match the "ideal" Publix customer. Plus, with all the crime and riff-raff in the part of town, I would not blame them at all.

Still would like to see a Publix somewhere on the west side of town near the Lowes or Home Depot off of exit 196. I refuse to go to the Publix on Ocala due to the employees being so rude and there is the one on 27N and Capital Circle but I think there is the population and need for a Publix on that side of town. Harvey's just doesn't cut it....

I think I had mentioned this earlier on in this thread, but the possibility of a Publix opening in that side of town is very slim to none. The demographics just don't match the "ideal" Publix customer. Plus, with all the crime and riff-raff in the part of town, I would not blame them at all.

• 3 months later...

Publix is in the process of getting there permit for there new Thomasville Road store . This will include a liquor store. they are trying to put a large store , the size of there N Monroe location. If not they will build a 55 thousand square foot store. The old Albertson's will be torn down , and construction will start soon on the new Publix.

Publix is in the process of getting there permit for there new Thomasville Road store . This will include a liquor store. they are trying to put a large store , the size of there N Monroe location. If not they will build a 55 thousand square foot store. The old Albertson's will be torn down , and construction will start soon on the new Publix.

The north Monroe location will become a GreenWise store . I think there going to keep that store and just remodel it. work on it should start soon. On the Killearn Publix , there is no plans for this location at this time. I would have thought that this location would have been a better location for the GreenWise store.

• 2 weeks later...

For whatever it's worth, as I was heading to work this afternoon I noticed a semi-truck and a couple of panel vans parked just outside the front entrance of the old Albertson's on north Monroe. Also 2 semis parked in the back. Perhaps renovations are finally underway for the Publix Greenwise?

• 2 weeks later...
Out of 100 trips to buy any groceries, I make 99 of those trips to Publix. That said, I agree w/Glenn that a little competition can't be bad for any of us or the cost of food for us. However as GG reminded us, if someone has to win the market in Florida, I'm just glad it is a Florida operated store.

I'm still old school and find it weird as heck when I see Publix stores NOT in Florida. For so long, Publix meant Florida only. My friends in SC say that none of their Publix stores are as good as ours in Florida nor do they carry all the products we can get here. Have any of you found this to be true? Surely the ATL stores are as big and nice as ours???

The Atlanta-area stores are at least comparable to the stores here in Florida. In fact, some of the newer stores in upscale suburbs are even nicer than the Tallahassee stores. I used to shop at the Stockbridge, McDonough, and Macon Publix stores.

I do wish that Kroger had a presence in this market. Again, their upscale and larger stores were very nice. Kroger's prices seemed a little better than Publix. Kroger's fruit cakes were awesome.

A Trader Joe's would also be a good addition.

There is work going on inside the Albertsons on Mahan. And they are contemplating on putting in a Publix Liquor store. Now I can get my "Green" healthy food and not feel as guilty when I make my Liquor store run next door.

FYI. Albertsons has also sold 25 of its Albertsons Gas Stations throughout Florida as well

There is work going on inside the Albertsons on Mahan. And they are contemplating on putting in a Publix Liquor store. Now I can get my "Green" healthy food and not feel as guilty when I make my Liquor store run next door.

FYI. Albertsons has also sold 25 of its Albertsons Gas Stations throughout Florida as well

• 3 weeks later...

I was in South FL last week, Boca Raton to be exact and in one night I visited Whole Foods and Publix's new Greenwise store. First I went to Whole Foods to grab some dinner from the salad/hot bar and to get some snacks for my stay and to buy some dry goods to bring back home. Then after that visit I needed to stop by CVS on the way to the hotel. Right next to the CVS was the Publix Greenwise store, so I decided to pop in to see what it is all about. I think this store is only one of 3 Greenwise stores so far? Anyway, I must say this Greenwise store is the first venture that Publix has done that I'm a little disappointed in. After just leaving a super packed w/people Whole Foods, this store was dead and empty and I understand why. It isn't nearly as nice and doesn't have the selection that Whole Foods does IMHO. The Greenwise store was more a mix of a Publix and a Fresh Market in appearance. Their food bars and deli/bakery weren't as nice as Whole Foods either. Many of the products on the shelf you could get at your regular Publix. To me, the difference in Whole Foods and Greenwise is the same difference between Publix and Winn-Dixie. I had high hopes for a Greenwise store, but now after this same day comparison, I wish our Albertson's was going to be a Whole Foods and not a Greenwise. Maybe things will change w/Greenwise as they expand them.

Of course I'm the guy who isn't wild about Five Guys either. After eating at In-n-Out burger out West several times, I wasn't overly impressed w/a visit to Five Guys. It seems they sort of stole the concept from In-n-Out anyway.

I was in South FL last week, Boca Raton to be exact and in one night I visited Whole Foods and Publix's new Greenwise store. First I went to Whole Foods to grab some dinner from the salad/hot bar and to get some snacks for my stay and to buy some dry goods to bring back home. Then after that visit I needed to stop by CVS on the way to the hotel. Right next to the CVS was the Publix Greenwise store, so I decided to pop in to see what it is all about. I think this store is only one of 3 Greenwise stores so far? Anyway, I must say this Greenwise store is the first venture that Publix has done that I'm a little disappointed in. After just leaving a super packed w/people Whole Foods, this store was dead and empty and I understand why. It isn't nearly as nice and doesn't have the selection that Whole Foods does IMHO. The Greenwise store was more a mix of a Publix and a Fresh Market in appearance. Their food bars and deli/bakery weren't as nice as Whole Foods either. Many of the products on the shelf you could get at your regular Publix. To me, the difference in Whole Foods and Greenwise is the same difference between Publix and Winn-Dixie. I had high hopes for a Greenwise store, but now after this same day comparison, I wish our Albertson's was going to be a Whole Foods and not a Greenwise. Maybe things will change w/Greenwise as they expand them.

Of course I'm the guy who isn't wild about Five Guys either. After eating at In-n-Out burger out West several times, I wasn't overly impressed w/a visit to Five Guys. It seems they sort of stole the concept from In-n-Out anyway.

It also seems that whatever activity that was going on at the old Albertson's on North Monroe has ceased. I'm beginning to think that Publix may have rethought their original decision to turn it into a Greenwise store due to the bad economy. What they do with it remains a mystery. I would not be surprised if it remains an empty building for a long time.

Archived