Memphis Crime

jmduke

The Atlantic Monthly recently published an article concerning the spread of violent crime in Memphis and other cities. Much of their focus was on the transition from public housing projects to Section 8 housing. It is a long but very interesting look at how crime in Memphis has changed in the past 15 years.

http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200807/memphis-crime

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a very good article. This woman has done her research. Now that we know the reasons for the increase in crime, what can be done to stop it. They can't be moved back to their own homes obviously.

I propose something that Memphis has needed more of for a while, police officers, but I also think that somehow these poverty stricken people need to be educated on how to live a more fulfilling life and give them a more confident mind set.

Any other ideas?

That was a very good article. This woman has done her research. Now that we know the reasons for the increase in crime, what can be done to stop it. They can't be moved back to their own homes obviously.

I propose something that Memphis has needed more of for a while, police officers, but I also think that somehow these poverty stricken people need to be educated on how to live a more fulfilling life and give them a more confident mind set.

Any other ideas?

Archived