Somersville Mill

The Voice of Reason

39801417.jpg

I just love the look of this building.

"We're actively looking for developers that are going to build luxury rentals or luxury condominiums," Orosz said. He said the trust is near a deal with a partner who is willing to participate in investing about $20 million to create 90 to 100 residential units in a revamped "green" building that would harness water flow and the earth's heat for energy. Orosz declined to name the potential partner.

and then there is mention of other projects in near by towns.

"The hulking Roosevelt Mills building in Vernon is being converted into 63 market-rate apartments. And in Redding, the former 55-acre Gilbert & Bennett wire mill is being redeveloped in shops, restaurants, housing and office space."

There is also reference to the office supply building in Hartford that I am such a big fan of. it says the developer does not have the 25M in funding in place. the owner is Tarragon. they have the money, they have just not funded the project yet for whatever reason.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, it is a beautiful building that needs to be perserve. I hope they find someone quickly. As for your comment on Tarragon, they are having financial issues. In the current financial market it is difficult to find financing for anything less than the most desriable of projects. I hope that one can find financing too since it is a very nice building also. Jay

I agree, it is a beautiful building that needs to be perserve. I hope they find someone quickly. As for your comment on Tarragon, they are having financial issues. In the current financial market it is difficult to find financing for anything less than the most desriable of projects. I hope that one can find financing too since it is a very nice building also. Jay

Archived