Proposed I-12 Widening

richyb83

I have a feeling subdivisions will pop up in place as soon as the Pecue ramp is constructed.

Sound walls should be the residents responsibility if the roadway was there prior to the home. It's foolish to pay for their happiness.

IDK about the entire roadway....I could easily see cases where an alteration or change to said roadway could have a significant impact on the surrounding areas....such as a widening or the placement of ramps or the removal of brush that served as a buffer.

Moving there after the road is widened and then complaining about the noise is a whole different ball of wax, though.

They are more careful about noise mitigation and visual impact today than they were 50 years ago.

I'm fairly certain that much of the land along Pecue is zoned for commercial development.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. Those foolish homeowners.

Sigh

So, in this case you find it acceptable for public money to be used when majority of people do not reap the benefits?

IDK about the entire roadway....I could easily see cases where an alteration or change to said roadway could have a significant impact on the surrounding areas....such as a widening or the placement of ramps or the removal of brush that served as a buffer.

Moving there after the road is widened and then complaining about the noise is a whole different ball of wax, though.

They are more careful about noise mitigation and visual impact today than they were 50 years ago.

I'm fairly certain that much of the land along Pecue is zoned for commercial development.

There's what 80' of ROW between the two travel lanes south of Highland? In some of these subdivisions, buffers are merely one layer of trees and brush.

I honestly think the responsibility should lay on the homeowners themselves.

Don't walk through rain if you don't want to get wet..

Developers will try to get some land rezoned, it's in a growing area, will have access to I-10, surrounded by residential, and close to the new Womans campus. I guarantee we will see new subdivisions on Pecue as a direct result of the I-10 ramp.

So, in this case you find it acceptable for public money to be used when majority of people do not reap the benefits?

There's what 80' of ROW between the two travel lanes south of Highland? In some of these subdivisions, buffers are merely one layer of trees and brush.

I honestly think the responsibility should lay on the homeowners themselves.

America's freeways were not exactly built with much care or concern for the surrounding areas. I can't imagine widening 10 anywhere in the city without taking steps to mitigate noise and lesser visual impact. This is pretty much SOP throughout the country....the environmental impact studies often take sound readings from adjacent areas to determine if sound walls will be needed.

The problem is that 80' can easily turn into 50' or less when new lanes and new ramps are added.....and with fewer trees and faster traffic, you could have a serious problem.

I think the homeowners that were adjacent to the Picardy on ramp east of I-10 had a legitimate grip, and the current homeowners on Pecue do as well having never expected an on ramp being built near their home. The area around Concord Estates, Valley Park, and Bocage all had legitimate gripes after the road was widened as well.

America's freeways were not exactly built with much care or concern for the surrounding areas. I can't imagine widening 10 anywhere in the city without taking steps to mitigate noise and lesser visual impact. This is pretty much SOP throughout the country....the environmental impact studies often take sound readings from adjacent areas to determine if sound walls will be needed.

The problem is that 80' can easily turn into 50' or less when new lanes and new ramps are added.....and with fewer trees and faster traffic, you could have a serious problem.

I think the homeowners that were adjacent to the Picardy on ramp east of I-10 had a legitimate grip, and the current homeowners on Pecue do as well having never expected an on ramp being built near their home. The area around Concord Estates, Valley Park, and Bocage all had legitimate gripes after the road was widened as well.

I was talking specifically about I-10 south of Highland. The 80' or so in the ROW is what lies in between both travel lanes, minimizing any chance the lanes will be any closer to the subdivisions.

Now that I look at it, there's not much residential until you reach Bluff Rd in Ascension.

Archived