Who bought O'Charleys on Haywood?

Sonrise

No sooner did it go out of business then renovations began and are currently underway at a rapid pace. This is a great sign considering all the doom and gloom predictions about the economy. Unfortunately no signage is up saying what it's going to be. So, what's the scoop? Thanks

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hearing it will be a Beef 'O' Brady's. Don't quote me on that though. This and several other restaurants that have shut down along Haywood Road will make way for new ones in the near future according to construction bids that are out currently.

It's a family sports pub: http://www.beefobradys.com/ There used to be one on Pelham Road next to Publix. Also, scratch what I said. The old O'Charleys will become a Copper River Grill. Beef 'O' Brady's will be going to a different location on Haywood Road although i'm not sure where. This is confirmed. If that is true Sonrise, I wonder if the one at Haywood Mall will close.

I found this link. How can there be a review if it hasn't opened yet? :lol:

http://local.yahoo.com/details?id=43911372

On a side note, there seem to be a lot of Canyon Creek Grills all over (WA, OH, NJ, etc.). Not sure if they are related, as I cannot find a web site for Canyon Creek Grill itself (or the parent company). Hmm...

So the three new restaurants on Haywood will be:

-Beef O'Brady's (in the old Longhorn location)

-Copper River Grill (in the old O'Charley's location)

-Canyon Creek Grill (in the old Roadhouse Grill location)

It is a good sign for Haywood Road that these abandoned locations are filling rather quickly (especially in the case of the former O'Charley's and Longhorn locations). :thumbsup:

If you want to check out a Copper River Grill there is one on 29 in Greer near the hospital. Nice to see some restaurants coming back but have to wonder why the others closed. Except for Longhorn which moved, most just seemed to have shut down.

• 4 weeks later...

I was in the one on Wade Hampton with my family last Wednesday and I talked to one of the owners; James something or other, can't remember his last name. Anyway, I commented that the one on Haywood will be their 1st nonsmoking one and how I wished all of their locations were non-smoking, (it reeks of smoke in there), he intimated that eventually they will all be non-smoking (Thank God). I asked him where they were going next and he said, Myrtle Beach. He said that Hendersonville and Simpsonville would follow shortly thereafter. That would bring them up to 10, I think. That's pretty rapid growth for a restaurant that's only 4 or 5 years old.

Archived