Founders Fest

I saw a big billboard on I-196 for Founders Fest (first one for Founders), coming June 21st on the heels of the Local First Party (following Saturday). Gotta love summer!

http://www.foundersbrewing.com/calendar.php?record_id=407

From their website:

Music will start on center stage at 3:00 pm, featuring Grand Rapids' own Oracle, Chance Jones, UV Hippo, Total Blam Blams and Winter/Sessions. Muskegon's Four Finger Five and the headliner, Chicago Afro-beat Project, will conclude the night.

I also saw today that they're moving right along on the new parking lot.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought the festival was very well-attended (anyone know how many people were there?). Hopefully Founders won't pull its sponsorship of the Local First party. The Founders Fest seemed much much bigger than the Local First party. I bet it'll be even bigger next year!

I had a good time :alc:

The music was great...especially Four Finger Five (as always) and Chicago Afro-Beat (killer Bari Sax). I could definitely tell that many of the attendees were used to the 4-5% pilsners of the world. A lot of glazed over faces :lol:

My single complaint was that a $10 entry and $4 - $6/beer was no bargain. It's cheap for a concert, but for an appreciation/celebration event it's a little prohibitive for some people who could easily go somewhere else...though I suppose Founders doesn't want that type of participant anyways.

• 10 months later...

The 2nd Annual Founder's Fest is on the schedule for Saturday, June 20th, from 3 - 11 PM.

From the release:

A variety of regional entertainment will rock this year’s Founders Fest, with nationally-recognized Karl Denson’s Tiny Universe as the headliner. Other performers include UltraViolet Hippopotamus, Four Finger Five, Chance Jones, Total Blam Blams, Oracle, Back Forty, Red Frog and Mucca Pazza.

http://www.foundersbrewing.com/calendar.php?record_id=528

5000 people are expected. Tickets are available at the gates for $15 ($10 for mug club members).

I'm passing on it this year unless they promise some changes.

20 minute wait to get into the festival; 30 minute wait at one point for a beer. Ended up having three Founders beers for a total of $26. What's more frustrating is that I had to scatch and claw just to get those three beers.

I'm passing on it this year unless they promise some changes.

20 minute wait to get into the festival; 30 minute wait at one point for a beer. Ended up having three Founders beers for a total of $26. What's more frustrating is that I had to scatch and claw just to get those three beers.

Archived