ethics on billing question

Wensdy

I was contacted by one of our drywall suppliers that they missed invoicing us in March for purchases. I received this invoice on 5/14/08. Is this legal to state they did not bill me for these old sales orders from March?

There is no way that I could determine if this material was even delivered to the job site. I would know if I paid for the materials, via invoice or order acknowledgement receipts which I keep for tracking purposes of which I got neither from this supplier in March. So, it is their word against nothing I have to prove if it was ever delivered by them.

I have no records from them that this order was approved or called in by me. Normally, they send out order aknowledgements, or confirmation sheets that this had been delivered or ordered of which I have neither.

any business suggesitons on this would be grateful. [email protected]

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was contacted by one of our drywall suppliers that they missed invoicing us in March for purchases. I received this invoice on 5/14/08. Is this legal to state they did not bill me for these old sales orders from March?

There is no way that I could determine if this material was even delivered to the job site. I would know if I paid for the materials, via invoice or order acknowledgement receipts which I keep for tracking purposes of which I got neither from this supplier in March. So, it is their word against nothing I have to prove if it was ever delivered by them.

I have no records from them that this order was approved or called in by me. Normally, they send out order aknowledgements, or confirmation sheets that this had been delivered or ordered of which I have neither.

any business suggesitons on this would be grateful. [email protected]

Archived