Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PHofKS

HGTV Design Star comes to Nashville

8 posts in this topic

The HGTV reality show, "Design Star' features several interior decorators are pitted against each other in various competitions until only one is left. The twist this year is that the competition will be based in Nashville. The first task is to build a complete house in one week from scratch, somewhere near one of the lakes.

I know the HGTV/Food Network producers are based in Knoxville, but the selection of Nashville as the featured city seems to me to be yet another validation of Nashville's uber high 'coolness' factor in the nation's and world's eyes.

We sure do seem to get a LOT of attention, especially lately. I hope people really, truly appreciate this. Seems every time I turn on the TV, there we are. Other cities should eat their hearts out. lol.

We sure do seem to get a LOT of attention, especially lately. I hope people really, truly appreciate this. Seems every time I turn on the TV, there we are. Other cities should eat their hearts out. lol.

The HGTV reality show, "Design Star' features several interior decorators are pitted against each other in various competitions until only one is left. The twist this year is that the competition will be based in Nashville. The first task is to build a complete house in one week from scratch, somewhere near one of the lakes.

I know the HGTV/Food Network producers are based in Knoxville, but the selection of Nashville as the featured city seems to me to be yet another validation of Nashville's uber high 'coolness' factor in the nation's and world's eyes.

The house build was a big fake out. They moved them into a house on the lake and assigned them rooms to do. I wonder where they were doing there shopping. I know I saw Sears bags, but where were they at to buy that gigantic table? Nashville looked wonderful.

I'm watching the show right now... I noticed that they were shopping at the Michael's in Rivergate.

that seems cool. i love watchin Design Star and seeing how these people turn a space into a home and get the "wow" factor up there.

that seems cool. i love watchin Design Star and seeing how these people turn a space into a home and get the "wow" factor up there.