NBC's Tim Russert died today of a heart attack

cityboi

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still can't believe it, as a conservative he is one of the few "democrats" that I can listen to respect and even believe what he says sometimes. Meet the Press got me into politics and its just a sad way to go. His health was an issue and its just tough because they said he had lost 10 pounds in the last year to get back into shape and work on his health.

Also, I feel horrible for his son Luke on the verge of fathers day. just really really sad.

Russert was the ultimate professional as a journalist. We will all miss Russert more than we ever knew we would as this election goes on. He put up peoples statements and he asked them the hard questions to their face regardless of party. There are no more unbiased journalist left on TV. This goes farther than politics, his character is what allowed him to be that way. America lost an icon yesterday.

Does every situation have to have a label? Even when we are talking about the death of someone who tried to do some good for all? Russert was well liked and respected because he avoided placing every single thing in these kind of terms. He didn't wear his beliefs on his shoulders nor did he qualify others for theirs.

It really hit me when I heard this. With the race for the White House heating up, I starting recording MTP regularly last year. Tim Russert was one of my favorite news personalities. He was relentless in his questioning for his guests, but in a dignified and respectful manner. He demanded the truth and accountability from all public servants, and in doing so, was a servant to the people. Aside from that, in the aftermath of his death, I found out that he was a leader in many different organizations within the community, including 'dad of the year' in 1998. Aside from that, he was a fine writer, great family man, father, and just seemed like a great guy anyone would want to have as a friend. I can't think of anyone who will be able to fill his shoes.

Being the politics addict I am, I am deeply saddened by Tim Russert's death. As others have said, he was that rare type of commentator who freely sets his own bias aside and is respectful to all sides even as he searches for the bottom line of the matter. He was well liked by people from across the political spectrum, and we would be better served as a nation if more media figures followed his example.

I'll never forget the feeling I had after the Indiana and North Carolina primaries when Russert declared "we now know who the Democratic nominee will be." I can't think of any other pundit from whom that statement would have had the same impact.

I know it's pretty soon, but has there been any talk about a suitable replacement that can grill the candidates for this year's election?

Well it looks like I'm gonna be the lone voice of dissent here-lol

I have no desire to throw darts at a dead man, especially such a well-respected national figure as Tim Russert. I generally respected Russert, and watched Meet the Press more often than not. However I had serious questions about Russert. He seemed somewhat robotic to me, with a faux golly-gee smile that made me question his seriousness.

Mainly I used to get irritated as heck at some of the questions he would ask . i.e. asking Dennis Kucinich about UFOs during a Democratic debate. To me it looked like Russert and the media were doing everything possible to make Kucinich look like a damn fool, a whacko.......

Could Russert have really been a puppet of sorts? I tend to think there is distinct possibility that he was. It's been a long time since I've though America has a free media. And I never imagined for one minute that the American media is free from CIA control. Ooodles and oodles of people have circumstantial evidence that Dan Rather was long time CIA. Call me conspiratorial, but could Russert have been a covert CIA agent that said "no" to someone? He looked awfully healthy to me, damn healthy for 58 years old.....

He died out of the clear blue.....like lots of other prominent Washington people in the past 50 years. Lots of stuff on the news recently about CIA "guns" that fire a frozen pellet into someone and cause them to have a heart attack. Then the pellet melts without a trace. I know this'll release an avalanch of critism toward me, but I'm willing to stand up and say I don't automatically believe what I'm told by the media and the government. Especially about a sudden death of a relatively young and prominent American journalist. Does anyone remember Dorothy Kilgallen's death?

Mainly I used to get irritated as heck at some of the questions he would ask . i.e. asking Dennis Kucinich about UFOs during a Democratic debate. To me it looked like Russert and the media were doing everything possible to make Kucinich look like a damn fool, a whacko.......

Could Russert have really been a puppet of sorts? I tend to think there is distinct possibility that he was. It's been a long time since I've though America has a free media. And I never imagined for one minute that the American media is free from CIA control. Ooodles and oodles of people have circumstantial evidence that Dan Rather was long time CIA. Call me conspiratorial, but could Russert have been a covert CIA agent that said "no" to someone? He looked awfully healthy to me, damn healthy for 58 years old.....

He died out of the clear blue.....like lots of other prominent Washington people in the past 50 years. Lots of stuff on the news recently about CIA "guns" that fire a frozen pellet into someone and cause them to have a heart attack. Then the pellet melts without a trace. I know this'll release an avalanch of critism toward me, but I'm willing to stand up and say I don't automatically believe what I'm told by the media and the government. Especially about a sudden death of a relatively young and prominent American journalist. Does anyone remember Dorothy Kilgallen's death?

Brian Williams of NBC Nightly News will fill in this Sunday. Tom Brokaw has been mentioned as a temporary fill-in and names being tossed around now for the job full time are reporters David Gregory and Andrea Mitchell or Hardball host Chris Matthews.

Archived