Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cloudship

Credit Score

10 posts in this topic

I am looking to buy a new car, and want to get a copy of my Fico Credit score. I used to go with myfico.com, but now the only way to get all three scores is to purchase a subscription, which I have no interest in doing. Anyone know of any other options?

freecreditreport.com ? I know they have memberships also, but I think they have one time view free, or a mnth free or something along those lines.

freecreditreport.com

You can get your score for a $7.95 when you ask for your free credit report. You can get a free credit report from each of the three credit reporting companies annually so I usually get one every 4 months from a different company. It pays to keep up with with it- identity theft is a real problem.

The problem is I want my Fico score from the three companies. all of them now offer their own scores, which aren't the same thing. And each company figures it's score differently. If you ask me this is a big game to them, and in fact I think one of the factors into why our economy is in such trouble,. But that is a different discussion. In any case, I want to get each of my 3 FICO scores without having to spend a hundred bucks. Is that possible?

I am not sure why it is that important. Go to your local credit union (preferably if you have one) or bank, get them to quote you a loan, then take that to the dealer. You probably know if you have bad credit or not. If not, the score won't matter because you can always negotiate the rate. If you do have bad credit, the score still doesn't matter because you can always find a deal to get around it.

My credit is so - so. And it's not not getting a loan at all, it's getting a decent loan. Every time you apply for credit it's a mark against your score, so they purposely make it hard to shop around. I want to know what I got going into the game, otherwise you can't know whether or not you are getting a good deal or not.

My credit is so - so. And it's not not getting a loan at all, it's getting a decent loan. Every time you apply for credit it's a mark against your score, so they purposely make it hard to shop around. I want to know what I got going into the game, otherwise you can't know whether or not you are getting a good deal or not.