Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jice

Firefox Download Day

11 posts in this topic

Spread the word! Official launch is noon central time..

Today is..

468x60_ddayb_en.png

How embarrassing for Mozilla to have their release scheduled at 1:00PM EST and here it is over three hours later and their servers are still down, unable to handle the traffic. Even their add-ons site has been down in entirety (not to mention the fail-over should their regular site be down...so much for fail safe).

It was kinda bad on Mozilla, hah... i suppose it was more than they anticipated...

I hope we're making some good today... i dont know how they are counting all the downloads, i assume by unique IP's?

Earlier I went to download and it sent me to a server in France! It said it was going to take like an hour... ahhh... reminders of dial-up, lol.

Anyway, Firefox 3 rocks... ive been using the beta's and rc's for the past several months... and I think its great... i especially love how you can go to the address bar and sortof search your past history of websites.. makes finding my way to UP that much easier :thumbsup:

It took about 3 hours to get through, but then the download was smooth. Great improvement for Mac users.

Well, despite my love for Opera and its superiority over Firefox, I have to admit that cake there is pretty awesome.