New Bowling Center #2!

fsubelch

Well, it looks like Tallahassee will be getting a new bowling center again. The new center is rumored to be taking the vacant space next to Red Elephant on Kerry Forest. Unlike the prior new center (Capital Lanes) this center will NOT be owned by the same gentleman that owns Capital and Seminole lanes now.

That is all I know as of now, but will post back if I hear any new updates.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Belch or others....where exactly is Red Elephant on Kerry Forest? Is it in the old Winn-Dixie shopping center? BTW what is in that Winn-Dixie building now if not Red Elephant?

I know many folks will be happy this is a different entity building this bowling alley. :)

I do believe it was an old Winn Dixie store, can someone verify? I never made it out there much until recently.

As far as the bowling center, its supposed to take up the Winn Dixie store, at least whats left of it. I am not sure if the Red Elephant built within part of the old Winn Dixie or not. I have never been in either the old Winn Dixie or the new Red Elephant so I am not sure what to expect for the size of this bowling center. From the outside the area looks a bit small, but could easily fit 24 lanes in (which would be the perfect size center for our town).

I do believe it was an old Winn Dixie store, can someone verify? I never made it out there much until recently.

As far as the bowling center, its supposed to take up the Winn Dixie store, at least whats left of it. I am not sure if the Red Elephant built within part of the old Winn Dixie or not. I have never been in either the old Winn Dixie or the new Red Elephant so I am not sure what to expect for the size of this bowling center. From the outside the area looks a bit small, but could easily fit 24 lanes in (which would be the perfect size center for our town).

• 3 months later...

Lane 7

Above is the link to the Democrat article about Lane 7 that will open early next year. While I'm not much of a bowler, I am impressed that this will be a professionally run business. It should do well especially b/c of where it's located.

I am surprised to read that the Kerry Forest Shopping Center already has 5 restaurants. I didn't realize there were so many in there. I don't think attraction will hurt the existing business very much, actually I think it may help them???

And of course my post wouldn't be complete w/out my Democrat nitpick:

An osteopathic physician specializing in internal medicine, Thacker traveled the state as the former president of the Florida Osteopathic Medical Association. "I have seen this concept in action," he said. "The difference is that it is always in a metropolitan area."

While this is the tiniest of nitpicks, Dr. Thacker should realize that Tally IS a metropolitan area. I think what he was trying to say is: in bigger metro areas. :)

Archived