Giant 500-foot, London Eye-Like Observation Wheel Coming To Orlando

sunshine

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the same time, ask yourself why anyone rides a ferris wheel at all. It's a ride. Why do people still do bungy rides on I-drive and 192? Why do people ride roller coasters?

dps1kr0.jpg

[Keating is standing on his desk]

John Keating: Why do I stand up here?

Dalton: To feel taller!

John Keating: No!

[Dings a bell with his foot]

John Keating: Thank you for playing Mr. Dalton. I stand upon my desk to remind myself that we must constantly look at things in a different way

or look at it this way...

It may not be about what you can see when you are up there, but rather that you see the giant wheel from everywhere else in central Florida because it is flat. Our eyes are drawn towards it and we cannot escape the pull upon us. $40 please and you will find out what everyone else before you has experienced. Step right up folks.

all%20kinds%20080%20302x313.jpg meets eye1a.jpg

At the same time, ask yourself why anyone rides a ferris wheel at all. It's a ride. Why do people still do bungy rides on I-drive and 192? Why do people ride roller coasters?

dps1kr0.jpg

[Keating is standing on his desk]

John Keating: Why do I stand up here?

Dalton: To feel taller!

John Keating: No!

[Dings a bell with his foot]

John Keating: Thank you for playing Mr. Dalton. I stand upon my desk to remind myself that we must constantly look at things in a different way

or look at it this way...

It may not be about what you can see when you are up there, but rather that you see the giant wheel from everywhere else in central Florida because it is flat. Our eyes are drawn towards it and we cannot escape the pull upon us. $40 please and you will find out what everyone else before you has experienced. Step right up folks.

all%20kinds%20080%20302x313.jpg meets a>

wha wha what is thiisssss??...... mmmm yummy.....snip... crunch crunch crunch....... gulp...... buuuurrrpppp.

(the sound of the faa chopping this puppy down between 300-400 feet for their fictional reasons behind a height limit for all of the region despite no landing pattern or any airport being anywhere close to this place).

didnt blue rose state that there was a height limit (although slightly higher than downtown) in the attractions area..... which always dumbfounded me.

wha wha what is thiisssss??...... mmmm yummy.....snip... crunch crunch crunch....... gulp...... buuuurrrpppp.

(the sound of the faa chopping this puppy down between 300-400 feet for their fictional reasons behind a height limit for all of the region despite no landing pattern or any airport being anywhere close to this place).

didnt blue rose state that there was a height limit (although slightly higher than downtown) in the attractions area..... which always dumbfounded me.

the report said it's 492' tall. hopefully, they're not talking about the height plust the 100' sealevel thing they did with Vue two years ago.

as for the Wheel, regarding London's Eye... that thing is awesome. it's classy, futuristic, and is a very quality structure. "cheese" doesn't come to mind with that thing, even though it's 2 blocks from Parliament. it's a British thing... old and new mixed in together.

the report said it's 492' tall. hopefully, they're not talking about the height plust the 100' sealevel thing they did with Vue two years ago.

as for the Wheel, regarding London's Eye... that thing is awesome. it's classy, futuristic, and is a very quality structure. "cheese" doesn't come to mind with that thing, even though it's 2 blocks from Parliament. it's a British thing... old and new mixed in together.

How fast will the wheel move? I was thinking about passengers stuck at the top during one of our afternoon lightning storms. It might take some time to get everyone off. At least, with tall roller coasters the ride usually ends in minutes.

Otherwise, I think it is a great idea and could become an iconic symbol for the area.

How fast will the wheel move? I was thinking about passengers stuck at the top during one of our afternoon lightning storms. It might take some time to get everyone off. At least, with tall roller coasters the ride usually ends in minutes.

Otherwise, I think it is a great idea and could become an iconic symbol for the area.

Cheesy yes, but I still like it. It just adds another dimension, albeit non skyscraper, to the area. I bet it would be a great ride to take right as all the theme parks are doing their closing time fireworks show. If you think about it, it may not be Manhattan but between downtown, the theme parks and all the smaller communities you could still see alot of interesting stuff up there. I been on the higher levels of the Courthouse and the BoA building late at night, it's actually a pretty impressive view.

right next to Pointe Orlando could have been a great locale-- esp. if linked to the mall...

but, this is fine too; I'm sure there will be new businesses on Westwood that pop up to take advantage of it's location-- article was interesting... the Wheel will have an informnation center/area on the area attractions; i.e., things that would be viewable from the observation point.

Archived