Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xss

Downtown Charlotte tour

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

for those who might be interested I created a topic on the photo forum about my trip to Charlotte: I'll try to update it with new pics everyday. Of course, with all the development going on in downtown Charlotte right now, some of those pics may seem you a bit old (and they are: they were taken at least three weeks ago).

Enjoy it!

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/Trip-dow...tte-t46776.html

I didn't want to put all of these in the Photo of the day thread, so, I stuck them in here - if that's fine.

Sorry for the beyond horrible quality;

East/West Station

PICT1886.jpg

PICT1900-1.jpg

Nice street band

PICT1907.jpg

PICT1910.jpg

PICT1912.jpg

PICT1913.jpg

Ice Skating Rink;

PICT1916.jpg

Bobcats arena

PICT1924.jpg

transit hub station

PICT1887.jpg

PICT1889.jpg

PICT1890.jpg

PICT1891.jpg

PICT1893.jpg

PICT1897.jpg

PICT1898.jpg

PICT1900.jpg

PICT1859.jpg

PICT1861.jpg

I didn't want to put all of these in the Photo of the day thread, so, I stuck them in here - if that's fine.

Sorry for the beyond horrible quality;

East/West Station

PICT1886.jpg

PICT1910.jpg

I like these two in particular. Well composed. They both have good depth of field, but the second one makes Charlotte look like it has some charm. Well done :shades:

here is a drive through uptown Charlotte in 1986. My my how Charlotte's skyline has changed in 25 years. I was 8 years old, Ronald Reagan was president, there was no internet, and regular gas was around 69 cents a gallon back then. In the video you can see the "First Union" tower under construction. I imagine who ever filmed this had one holding one of those big camcorders.