The Hartford: addition?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went down there today. it is a small 3 or so story addition to the nothern most part of the campus.

it is a mechanical component to their physical plant.

I did not look too much closer, but it ugly as sin and will for a reorg of parking in that area. and it will also put something like 8 venting fans on the road side of the building...

Booo

I went down there today. it is a small 3 or so story addition to the nothern most part of the campus.

it is a mechanical component to their physical plant.

I did not look too much closer, but it ugly as sin and will for a reorg of parking in that area. and it will also put something like 8 venting fans on the road side of the building...

Booo

T52

Trust me it is not a "Booo I dont want any of it"

I am all for all forms of progress. I Just think its a shame that The Hartford has a policy of being a bad neighbour. It does not take much effort to face the asthetic side of a new fence towards your neighbour. but that is not the policy at the big boss Hartford.

as one of the cities biggest employers I would let them paint all of their buildings and parking lots pink if that suited them. I would just wather that they work with the community a little more.

I think that stating that they have a policy of being a bad neighbor is a little harsh. The Hartford's campus is really pretty nice and they have clearly contributed to the aesthetics of the area in a very positive way. In addition to the campus, 55 Farmington Avenue isn't exactly chopped liver

so I guess comparatively, Aetna looks like a GREAT neighbor! They really are trying to pursue a 'good neighbor' policy. All I say, is that as long as they're in the city, contributing to the tax base, they're doing a good job regardless of all the surface parking lots, it's better than fleeing the city for a tax break (like ING did). btw, has anyone read david kay johnson's "free lunch"

Archived