Young Professionals Task Force

Whaler0718

The Hartford Young Professional Task Force was created by the City Council and charged with making recommendations to the city on tangible ways to attract and retain the city and region's future civic and business leaders.

The Task Force will hold a public hearing at 6pm on Tuesday, June 24 at City Hall (Council Chambers) where young professionals are invited to share their thoughts about the city.

The Task Force is interested in hearing from residents (why do you live here?), non-residents (why don't you live here?), folks who work in the city and those that don't--really, just any young professional in Greater Hartford who wants to share his or her thoughts about how to improve the city/region.

Contributors to this forum have great ideas that the Task Force would benefit from hearing; please make an effort to attend and to share your opinions.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Hartford Young Professional Task Force was created by the City Council and charged with making recommendations to the city on tangible ways to attract and retain the city and region's future civic and business leaders.

The Task Force will hold a public hearing at 6pm on Tuesday, June 24 at City Hall (Council Chambers) where young professionals are invited to share their thoughts about the city.

The Task Force is interested in hearing from residents (why do you live here?), non-residents (why don't you live here?), folks who work in the city and those that don't--really, just any young professional in Greater Hartford who wants to share his or her thoughts about how to improve the city/region.

Contributors to this forum have great ideas that the Task Force would benefit from hearing; please make an effort to attend and to share your opinions.

I went.

Very interesting venue.

I am not sure if I feel dirty from being in city hall or from "networking"

awsome building by the way, truely one of Hartfords best.

perfect pre-made museum space. seriously, perfect.

lots of attendees spoke, and generally said good things and were on task. it was not so much likie the HUB meetings wich is a room full of people with their own agendas.

but yeah I have no idea what to tell you guys other than young people of hartford want to own downtown. its downright amazing. not just rent, OWN.

so a lot of interest in the downtown condo market? Sounds AWESOME! I think the dedicated parking is probably the big barrier. I don't understand why Front street isn't taken over by a condo developer. Just throw up a garage and put a high rise on top of it. Perfect access to the highway and basically a vacant piece of downtown property (not even occupied by the LAZ folks - so no economic rent as of now).

do you think that this'll spur northland to start breaking ground on their high rise condo tour anytime soon. I read that Northland thinks there is a lot of potential for housing surrounding bushnell park and I agree. waaaaaaaaaaaaay underutilized asset.

well, as messed up as this might sound, the reaction near the end of the meeting to the interest in owning a condo has inspired me.

first it has inspired me to create a plan to build a large mixed use condo project. one with a high end component and also with a large affordable component in several buildings. at the same time I will be using some newly(to me) found resources to poll many of Hartfords young professionals in an attempt to prove interest. once I have a concept, and possibly an option on some land, and possibly some verbal support from the mayors office and hopefully a good ammount of support from the young professionals, I will do my damndest to pitch the idea to investors.

It seems to me that if Northland were to build it he would have success, but it also seems as though the young professional is still being forgotten in this city even though it is them that have rented all of these apartments. and there are countless more that are interested in downtown, but are not interested in renting.

now mind you this is my feeling today and my motivation is pretty high.

I am usually one to lose focus.

but this just seems like a slam dunk right now.

unfortunately I have a ton of things I need to do for my own house as well, but seriously the demand is there.

200-500 signatures could go a long way with a big bank

Archived