Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eridony

Redeveloping the Russell Building

10 posts in this topic

The Russell Building, better known as the Daniel's Office Supply Building, next to the Century Club on Western was built in 1891. It is one of five buildings in that area that survived the the demolition of the Muskegon Mall, and one of three that Gary Post purchased in 2006.

Gary Post's current plans call for the building to be restored and used as a indoor marketplace called The Russell Block Market. The market will lease small spaces to specialty retailers who do not need an entire store to themselves. Right now Post is planning to have the market open next spring.

According to the article in the Muskegon Chronicle:

Post's latest idea is to turn the former Daniel's Office Supply building into the Russell Block Market. The indoor urban marketplace can be seen on a grand scale in places like Pike Place Market in Seattle or Reading Terminal Market in Philadelphia.

The idea is to lease out small spaces to food or specialty retailers with customers drawn to the variety from baked goods to custom jewelry. The Russell Block Market is designed for up to 50 tenants on two levels in spaces as small as 100 square feet.

"It's not going to be a flea market," Post said. "This will gravitate to the more upscale. We will be particular in who we sign as tenants. It all has to fit together well."

Here is one you missed Mr. Eridony

2604213781_2266575444_b.jpg

This shot is from the inside out. pretty cool!

There is a lot of interest already from different vendors. You're going to like what you will see in the future.

Here is one you missed Mr. Eridony

This shot is from the inside out. pretty cool!

There is a lot of interest already from different vendors. You're going to like what you will see in the future.

Thanks, that's a new one to me. I like how you can see down to the lower level in this one.

The article says the market will be on two levels, the basement and first floor I'm guessing from that conceptual drawing. Do you know what the plans are for the upper levels? At one point apartments were mentioned as a possibility.

The building now has a market layout sign which includes 6 tenants. Two are known to me, and four are unknown.

2856120719_79eee34cf3_b.jpg

Since it's not easily readable here is the list:

Sun, Wind & Rain (currently two blocks away)

McDonald's Candies (currently on Getty Street)

Lily Pad Lane Specialty Toy Store

Ron's Ice Cream

Great Lakes Java

Phyllis Ann Crafts

I think that's a pretty good list considering there is still probably 9 months till opening.

The building now has a market layout sign which includes 6 tenants. Two are known to me, and four are unknown.

2856120719_79eee34cf3_b.jpg

Since it's not easily readable here is the list:

Sun, Wind & Rain (currently two blocks away)

McDonald's Candies (currently on Getty Street)

Lily Pad Lane Specialty Toy Store

Ron's Ice Cream

Great Lakes Java

Phyllis Ann Crafts

I think that's a pretty good list considering there is still probably 9 months till opening.

Regal Beader, Glass Reflection and Shadow Box are the other three making a total of ten.

More to come, keep watching

Actually that makes nine, but I'm glad to hear it's already changed since I took those pictures two weeks ago.

I missed one it looks like. The one I missed was the Hokey Pokey of Whitehall

Today another business signed up which is The Meat Block

More to come...