Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sean

Thank You George Carlin

8 posts in this topic

Laughter is good medicine. Thanks for sharing your views.

Carlin was America's most lovable hippy from the 60s. His wit and wisdom will be missed. RIP dear George. Love you always.

I got to see him live about seven weeks ago, good timing on my part. Greatest comedian of all time, IMO.

Now George gets to find out what is in the afterlife. If there's anything, too bad we can't get it on DVD.

I always enjoyed George Carlin along with Paul Mooney, Richard Pryor, and Lisa Lampanelli because they always told the truth about this world. Comedic realists.

NBC replayed the first Saturday Night Live ( which was called simply Saturday Night at the time) in his honor tonight. It was as funny as when I saw the rerun of it back then although it's the dim, dark smoky past. :whistling:

^^^those bleeps are a long lasting symbol of the hipocracy of our culture. "Bad words" are bleeped "to protect children" when the true obscenity lies in America's violent culture...

You can advertise guns on TV but don't say a "bad word". Carlin exposed that sort of American hipocracy and we'll always love him for it.

Do you guys know the TV "Bleep" was invented for Carlin?