$600 million Elvis Resort in DeSoto County planned

Memphis77

A new Elvis resort is planned for DeSoto County, MS. Does anyone know if this has already begun construction? It's supposed to be completed by Spring of this year but I haven't heard any media reports on it. It sounds like a major development from this website's description of it. Museum, golf courses, hotels, condos, zoo, etc.

http://www.starsresort.com/str0003.htm

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm skeptical in that we haven't heard or seen anything of this sort since *before* Riverbend and Myriad were announced, certainly not on credible news sources like bizjournals or Memphis Daily News. Hopeful, but skeptical.

Reading the link closely, I do recall stories of the owners of the land seeking buyers, and the link indicates they have a "purchase agreement." It sounds like this is still in preliminary developmental stages...

I don't know if this is a new proposal than what was planned back in 2006, but it does say at the top of the home page that it's copyright 2008. I do know that EPE threatened to take legal action against Stacey last year if he tried to use Elvis' name in his project. It was originally planned to be titled 'Elvis Presley Ranch Resort' and now I see that they've changed it to simply Stars Resort on Elvis' former Circle G ranch. Smart move by Stacey if you ask me.

My question is when will this get done or will this project take forever? Because after reading some articles online the Riverbend project appears to have hit a snag with financing. They can't seem to move forward. Hopefully the economy will improve and both of these projects will get off the ground.

Archived