Whats that?

I have seen a few things that I thought people might want to know about, but at the same time I am hoping some of you guys know more.

I have seen realtors bringing clients to the previous location of Cugginos or Pratt. Also saw two guys cleaning the brass on the store front of the place next door as if there was someone planning on moving in. But that could be just an assumption.

Another thing I saw while having a few beers at Woody's Fish Bowl. The AA building must be filling up fast. and with young people. I saw several groups come and go from the lobby while I was there friday night. I also saw a young guy and a friend moving in.

I do not think I saw anyone even in their late 20's go through the lobby. very early 20s. I am liking this building more and more.

further more they stopped working on it a few months ago, but now there is evidence of some work being done on the Facade again. we will see what else they plan to do on the building But I can see that somehing is being done from my office. I know that exterior spotlights were added pointing up along the walls for a lighting effect.

anyone see anything else around town?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

where is cuggino's?

Concerning the AA building, I know a few coworkers of mine have moved in there and said they loved it all are early 20's. it is a great bargain for city living.

also thinking, I heard max's was interested in Joe Black's? I know I was out in Hartford on Saturday night and saw some event going on there so wondering what's up with that.

where is cuggino's?

Concerning the AA building, I know a few coworkers of mine have moved in there and said they loved it all are early 20's. it is a great bargain for city living.

also thinking, I heard max's was interested in Joe Black's? I know I was out in Hartford on Saturday night and saw some event going on there so wondering what's up with that.

They've been working in all the Northland retail spots on Pratt Street. I've heard some things about that but I don't believe it would be helpful to post them.

Nyberg apparently has leases for 3 of 5 empty retail spots in the Wise Smith building per Sunday's Courant. Big trendy restaurant/club supposedly going in at Trumbull and Church.

They've been working in all the Northland retail spots on Pratt Street. I've heard some things about that but I don't believe it would be helpful to post them.

Nyberg apparently has leases for 3 of 5 empty retail spots in the Wise Smith building per Sunday's Courant. Big trendy restaurant/club supposedly going in at Trumbull and Church.

Another thing I saw while having a few beers at Woody's Fish Bowl. The AA building must be filling up fast. and with young people. I saw several groups come and go from the lobby while I was there friday night. I also saw a young guy and a friend moving in.

I wanted to let everyone know that DISH now features outdoor dining. It looks very nice out there. I think that with getting permits to operate those outdoor tables DISH just secured its place as one of Hartfords best happy hour places. the seating area is larger than the one at TK and it is on a level surface.

Also adding this outdoor seating goes a very long way it making main street more vibrant.

If Kyto ever gets to open, this will be ground zero for Hartfords hip happy hour crowd.

I wanted to let everyone know that DISH now features outdoor dining. It looks very nice out there. I think that with getting permits to operate those outdoor tables DISH just secured its place as one of Hartfords best happy hour places. the seating area is larger than the one at TK and it is on a level surface.

Also adding this outdoor seating goes a very long way it making main street more vibrant.

If Kyto ever gets to open, this will be ground zero for Hartfords hip happy hour crowd.

Dish is very popular but has an older crowd right now, which is good or bad depending on your view. For example, if you're looking for a 40 year old cougar on the prowl, Dish is your place. At the very least, it has quickly became a very popular lunch destination. I go every Friday with a buddy (we sit at the bar) but the dining area is always full by 12:30. It shows that a good restaurant can not only survive, but thrive downtown. If Kyto opens and someone takes over Joe Black's, that area could be a hot spot for Hartford with Dish, City Steam and Vaughn's all doing well. And I feel like Sweet Janes is doing better. I was at a happy hour there about a year ago...there were 3 people in the bar on a Thursday night. Last week on Thursday, about 20.

Koji, Morton's, Dish, Joe Black's, Vaughans, Sweet Jane's, City Steam and Room 960 are all in a short 2 block stretch of each other. Kyto and Club 15 will open soon. All generally cater to a young professional or older crowd. There is now housing with the Sage Allen project and the American Airlines building.

I read once that "Main St." during colonial times through downtown was called "King's Highway." The city should name this small historic section of downtown from the Old State House to I-84 "King's Highway."

Archived