Bridgeport Projects Compilation

http://bridgeport-econ.org/ppt%20presentat...DOWNTOWNppt.pdf

This file list all of the things going on in Bridgeport.

I wrote a synopsis of each project only to lose it before posting it. but I will come back and edit this post. if you are interested though it is a great link to a PDF with lots of renderings maps and such

tons of recently completed projects, projects in progress, and planned projects.

maybe someone else here can help, but I plan on making sure the major projects get their own threads.

cheers!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://bridgeport-econ.org/ppt%20presentat...DOWNTOWNppt.pdf

This file list all of the things going on in Bridgeport.

I wrote a synopsis of each project only to lose it before posting it. but I will come back and edit this post. if you are interested though it is a great link to a PDF with lots of renderings maps and such

tons of recently completed projects, projects in progress, and planned projects.

maybe someone else here can help, but I plan on making sure the major projects get their own threads.

cheers!

From the Connecticut Post:

A conflict over oyster beds threatens to sink a $500 million plan to transform the former Remington Shaver property into luxury waterfront condos and a marina.

For now, the plan has "stopped and it can't go anywhere," said Stephen Grathwohl, a principal in Westport Property Management, which owns and plans to redevelop the former factory site near the mouth of the harbor and next to Seaside Park.

Grathwohl said the problem is posed by an underwater site reserved for future oyster bed development. A proposed 250-slip marina, considered crucial to developing luxury housing on the property, would intrude into that designated area, he said.

The developer said state officials are refusing to issue a permit for the marina. Without that feature, which also includes a boardwalk and restaurant, 1,200 condominiums also planned for the site won't be built, Grathwohl said.

"This is a public marina, and the boardwalk would provide access to the water. Everyone in Hartford should bend over backwards to help Bridgeport," he said.