Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allan

Save the Statler Hotel!!

wolverine    0

Well, I signed it. I'm really hoping it can be saved. I'm tired of Detroit's needless destruction of buildings. If more buildings are turned into gravel surface lots, the city is going to look like s%$#.

The Statler-Hilton is the red brick building for those who don't know.

statler.jpg

Allan    0

Thanks everybody! Spread the word about this around....the Statler needs help! The more publicity this gets, the more likely it is to be saved from the wrecking ball.

Allan    0

I'll be writing letters to various people in the next day or so. I'll post them here once I get them done, with the addresses so you all can send them out too if you want. The more letters they get, the better.

SNWEB    0

I'll be writing letters to various people in the next day or so. I'll post them here once I get them done, with the addresses so you all can send them out too if you want. The more letters they get, the better.

Hello Allan,

I am the creater of Save The Statler.

THanks for spreading the word, be sure to print off flyers.

Do you live in Michigan yourself?

SNWEB    0

Also Allan I look forward to you posting at the discussion boards, for some reason they are not ver popular and we need to get some discussions going.

Also if you could link to www.savethestatler.com in your signature not http://statler.snweb.org

it would be best for you not to link directly to the petition but to the domain. Once again thanks for getting the word out, I look forward to having later talks!

Allan    0

Ok, I'll make the changes. I didn't put in www.savethestatler.com because it didn't seem to work when I discovered the site, but it seems to be fixed now. :)

SNWEB    0

From a source of mine: "FOBC have a developer and

architect that have scheduled a meeting with the mayor and is planning on

coming to court to speak to Judge Baxter. The fights not over yet."

SNWEB    0

Yep.

Just got back from Detroit

Fence is labeled demolition area stay out.

I asked the worker and he didnt tell me much. I asked to get a quick pic of the insdie he said I couldn't. The had a generator and the door was to the lobby.

I asked if they were going to salvage the little detailing and he said if they can they will, if it doesn't come off easily then it isn't worth it, he stated. He said it would take some time to take down, but they won't implode it, they are worryed about the PM