Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

seicer

Road trippin': Schmidt Museum of Coca-Cola Memorabilia

Schmidt Museum of Coca-Cola Memorabilia

What started out as a search for a few antiques to decorate the offices at the Elizabethtown, Kentucky Coca-Cola bottling plant in 1971, soon became a passion for Bill and Jan Schmidt. Today, the museum bills itself as the world's largest privately owned collection of Coca-Cola relics, and the facility is one-of-a-kind and a true Kentucky treasure. Inside are displays of over one-dozen vintage vending machines, neon-signs, three restored antique delivery vehicles and a replica of an early 19th-century bottling works. A large museum store is in the front, along with a 1950s-themed Soda Fountain that still offers up nickel Cokes and sandwiches to hungry bar-stool patrons.

The museum is located off of Interstate 65 and US 62 in Elizabethtown, Kentucky. I have uploaded 35 photographs of the museum and have penned a museum guide at the Schmidt Museum of Coca-Cola Memorabilia.

full_3_1295.jpg

full_3_2081.jpg

full_3_865.jpg

full_3_2766.jpg

5 The Coca-Cola advertisement in the background was taken from a barn that was demolished in Georgia in the 1970s, and has been reassembled in the museum.

full_3_741.jpg

Enjoy!

I had no idea this existed in Elizabethtown, thanks for sharing the info and pics of this very interesting attraction. Lots of folks are really into collecting Coca-Cola memorabilia, so a place like this I would think would be quite popular.

Sidenote: The link provided does appear broken.