need help finding a breakfast spot...

coming back to GR for a visit over the 4th... wanted to meet some friends out for breakfast on the 4th. they are coming from holland...so hopefully somewhere on the west side of town...we will be coming from NE side...any good spots that will be open near downtown on the 4th for breakfast? anything in the JW marriott worth a visit...didn't want to go to wolfgangs...too far east. thanks for your help...this has to be the best resource for everything GR.

i really like the sundance grill...there is a downtown location? still open? TIA.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
coming back to GR for a visit over the 4th... wanted to meet some friends out for breakfast on the 4th. they are coming from holland...so hopefully somewhere on the west side of town...we will be coming from NE side...any good spots that will be open near downtown on the 4th for breakfast? anything in the JW marriott worth a visit...didn't want to go to wolfgangs...too far east. thanks for your help...this has to be the best resource for everything GR.

i really like the sundance grill...there is a downtown location? still open? TIA.

I'm going to argue that the best breakfast in town is in Eastown and East Hills (Brandywine, Wolfgangs, Cherie Inn, Marie Catribs, Schnitz, Gaia).

If that's too far for you, there's the new Omelette Shop on Michigan and YES, there is a Sundance Grill downtown on Pearl between Ionia and Ottawa.

Yup, agree - The Brandywine (either locale) is our favorite place for breakfast. I used to hang out there every weekday drinking coffee and eating English muffin toast whilst studying at Aquinas College. Another of our favorites is San Chez - they do an outstanding breakfast, the price is surprisingly reasonable also.

Does anyone know if Arnie's does breakfasts? We go often for big-portion dinners, but have never checked in for a first meal.

I understand this argument, IF you like the normal breakfast or omelet. However, if it's a filling, bone-sticking breakfast you're after, nothing beats a Missad or Abney at Wolfgangs, or Omni, Eggs Timothy, or Benedicts at Brandywine. I'm talking lots of eggs, toast, veggies, meat, hollandaise, etc piled in harmony, inches high on a big plate. That's the Eastown breakfast methodology!

Archived