West End Entertainment

Hey UPers, I just got the preliminary scoop on a new entertainment venue coming to the West End. One of the buildings on Camperdown Way in back of where Subway is located is going to become an in-door putt-putt facility. I believe that will be the main attraction, but I think there will also be games, concessions, etc. Permits, etc. are in the works right now. It sounded like it might be later this year (fall?) that it could possibly open.

The owner commented how much of a need there was to have something "to do" in the West End other than the usual park walk, restaurants, and ball game.

I think it'll be a great new offering for the many families and young crowd who come downtown.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the prospect of some really neat entertainment options. I hope that it's not entirely aimed at children. I don't think it's impossible to make something that is aimed at people of all ages. I think it would ultimately prove to be more successful, too.

So, would this face Rhett Street or Camperdown Way?

Hey UPers, I just got the preliminary scoop on a new entertainment venue coming to the West End. One of the buildings on Camperdown Way in back of where Subway is located is going to become an in-door putt-putt facility. I believe that will be the main attraction, but I think there will also be games, concessions, etc. Permits, etc. are in the works right now. It sounded like it might be later this year (fall?) that it could possibly open.

The owner commented how much of a need there was to have something "to do" in the West End other than the usual park walk, restaurants, and ball game.

I think it'll be a great new offering for the many families and young crowd who come downtown.

Yeah, something about this popped up here not too long ago (or maybe it was city-data) and it would be pretty neat. I hope it does attract all ages somehow. There's a mini-golf place near Charlotte that has a blacklight/3D first 9 holes and the back 9 is a haunted house. It was really cool, and scary!

I had forgotten about the Brown Street Club sign. Though it's not old, it's still got the same flare and such. I'd like to see a few more similar things applied where applicable... It doesn't have to be historic and I wouldn't want to over do it, but a few spread out would add some character.

Archived