Lake Nona - Medical City

scottb411

On 8/15/2017 at 3:43 PM, JFW657 said:

My point was never that LNTC is a bad development or that I dislike anything about the design or layout, etc, etc.

My only issue is that I don't like seeing development encroaching into previously unspoiled areas for numerous environmental reasons.

I'm afraid that one day, urbanization will begin eating up too much wilderness to the south and east of there.

Lake Nona WILL spur more and more development. And as tax revenue and budgets get tighter and tighter, I'm afraid the temptation to increase the tax base by approving more of it, will just be too much for the county govt to resist.

Let me confirm it for you.  I've seen the Ranch property long term designs and they plan on building a city to the east of there that stretches south to St. Cloud...  part of that includes an Osceola Parkway extension to the east and a connector from the Boggy Creek/417 interchange south.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, jrs2 said:

Let me confirm it for you.  I've seen the Ranch property long term designs and they plan on building a city to the east of there that stretches south to St. Cloud...  part of that includes an Osceola Parkway extension to the east and a connector from the Boggy Creek/417 interchange south.

It'll sure suck to be an animal or bird or insect or any other type of life form that lives in the woods. 

8 hours ago, aent said:

$

Not a fan of the design of this one, definitely the least inspiring in Lake Nona so far. I guess i shouldn't be surprised, all the HCA stuff is ugly.

Is this going to be near the town center, where UCF Med School is, or out in another quadrant of Lake Nona towards Narcoossee or what have you?

On 3/10/2018 at 8:35 AM, jrs2 said:

Is this going to be near the town center, where UCF Med School is, or out in another quadrant of Lake Nona towards Narcoossee or what have you?

My understanding is UCF bought the land between the Med School and the Burnham building that UCF is going to take over, so UCF has probably at least quadrupled its land holdings in the area... which I guess is why they're going less dense now. That combined with the state rejecting the dental school plan for Lake Nona (which I really hope UCF tries to get revived)

• Like 2

Here's the, um, second office building literally connected to the first via parking deck, which is also being expanded around back.  Seeing a steel structure like this going up hearkens back to a prior time in construction techniques; you don't see that so much down here.

Also, fronting the main drag and adjacent to the dual brand Marriott, is Chroma.  I heard it's awesome.  Big place.

FYI, behind Chroma in that second photo is the construction site and crane of those Microapartments.  Those will be substantially taller than they are now.  See my prior post.

20180310_164603.jpg

20180310_164852.jpg

20180310_164939.jpg

Edited by jrs2
  • Like 2

On 3/16/2018 at 8:23 PM, IAmFloridaBorn said:

I Wish we had a Tennis Stadium.

There are at least 3 facilities there with grandstands.  But I wonder if they plan on expanding any of them for a larger venue- of course it would have to be event driven.

I saw a bunch of tennis courts and assumed one of them was a fancy one.  But, upon closer inspection, I guess none of those have seats for fans.  I didn't even notice.

I thought it was a commentary on how far Lake Nona was from Orlando in a sprawl sense.  You get a bit used to that here.

3 hours ago, HankStrong said:

I saw a bunch of tennis courts and assumed one of them was a fancy one.  But, upon closer inspection, I guess none of those have seats for fans.  I didn't even notice.

I thought it was a commentary on how far Lake Nona was from Orlando in a sprawl sense.  You get a bit used to that here.

sure they do.  they ones towards the middle of the complex- two of them, if you look closely that look kind of lower bowl-ish in mass; and I think the ones in the NE quadrant of the complex with an enclosed structure that connects to all of those courts- but those are weird.

UCF plays NCAA tennis there so they have to have courts with bleachers, ya know...

I went the College MatchDay UF vs FSU at the USTA. They had bleachers on one side of the courts with temp ones on the end. The other side is grass and can accommodate more bleachers if needed. There's a tiny stadium near the main building that looks like its probably used for classes or something. The USTA doesn't have a permanent stadium but it looks like they could construct one rather easily if needed. 

DVJg4pEW4AEA9fd.jpg

DVJw0x7VMAA0SqY.jpg

Edited by klstorey
  • Like 1

Just now, jrs2 said:

^^

those must be those courts in the NE quadrant.  So that's that white structure that goes across.  Those seats face north.  DO they have bleachers on that same structure facing south for those courts?

Yes, exact same setup on the north and south side. During the Match Day one side was males and one side was females. It was awesome watching the planes coming into MCO too. 

DVJhCPBWAAEGaTy.jpg

• Like 1

wow.  I'd really like to go to a tennis event there.  I've been to the US Open before; two years ago; and that facility is lights out awesome.  This ain't too shabby though..

On 3/14/2018 at 6:13 PM, jrs2 said:

KPM&G construction site near the USTA facility

20180310_171356.jpg

OMG.  Seriously?  Did everyone miss this post showing the KMP&G construction site or does everyone just not really care?  Or maybe my photo sucks...

I went through some sh!t to get that photo.  The guy in that white car actually ran me down wondering why I was taking "his" photo.  I think he thought I was some divorce investigator or maybe the INS.

Edited by jrs2