Starbucks closing 600 stores

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Starbucks makes good coffee..but give me a break! What a snow job they have played on the American public.... Starbucks is all about the cool factor- there are and would be many more great locally owned coffee shops if not for Starbuck's cool/hip attraction. They made a mistake when they diluted their brand by expanding to "podunk" places like Arkansas. Their image was based on being an exclusive urban type brand. Whatever decision maker lead them to be the McDonald's of coffee shops really screwed up.

Starbucks makes good coffee..but give me a break! What a snow job they have played on the American public.... Starbucks is all about the cool factor- there are and would be many more great locally owned coffee shops if not for Starbuck's cool/hip attraction. They made a mistake when they diluted their brand by expanding to "podunk" places like Arkansas. Their image was based on being an exclusive urban type brand. Whatever decision maker lead them to be the McDonald's of coffee shops really screwed up.

At least outside of Little Rock and NWA. Places like Blytheville, Van Buren, and Russellville should have never had a Starbucks.

I would like to see the urbanized areas of Arkansas offer the amenities that other states have had for years, so Starbucks does belong here. I get tired of Arkansas always getting the shaft.

Join the Club. LR should have a lot more than we do now, and if it weren't for this

"GREAT ECONOMY"!!!! , we would have more too. Not a Nordstorms, but deffently a Macys.

As for Starbucks, I wish them the best. I love the coffee and the atmosphere. But like one said, making them the McDonnalds of coffee was their downfall. I think we will see a major retraction in their growth. I think we will see more close as time progresses. Best of luck.

At least outside of Little Rock and NWA. Places like Blytheville, Van Buren, and Russellville should have never had a Starbucks.

I would like to see the urbanized areas of Arkansas offer the amenities that other states have had for years, so Starbucks does belong here. I get tired of Arkansas always getting the shaft.

I think you nailed it. Overcommercialization took it from being trendy to pretty much being McDonald's or Wal-Mart. People that switched to Starbucks for a while have kind of drifted back to local coffeehouses to a degree, though they still do well with drive-thru business.

I'm sure that one is doing well with the college population there, but my point is a small town like that should have never had a Starbucks to begin with. The only places in Arkansas that should are Little Rock, NWA, and possibly Ft. Smith but that might be pushing it. Having Starbucks in any small town removes a lot of the "cool" factor to it.

Archived