Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grbrit

Online Zoning Resources

3 posts in this topic

Can anyone direct me to an online resource which would show zoning restrictions for streets/neighborhoods in Grand Rapids? I did a search, but I don't find this forum software very intuitive or user-friendly and may have missed something.

Specifically I'd like to find out if there are restrictions on converting a single family I have my eye on to a multi-unit.

Thanks!

Can anyone direct me to an online resource which would show zoning restrictions for streets/neighborhoods in Grand Rapids? I did a search, but I don't find this forum software very intuitive or user-friendly and may have missed something.

Specifically I'd like to find out if there are restrictions on converting a single family I have my eye on to a multi-unit.

Thanks!

Brit, as a general rule single-family houses cannot be converted into 2+ unit houses.

There is always the possibility of getting a variance if there is some unique issue with your property, but the chances are honestly pretty slim. :dontknow:

If you have further questions I would suggest giving the Planning Department a call at 616-456-3031... we'll be happy to help.