Poll: What buildings deserve a facelift the most?

Moodygirl1

Which buildings around M'Boro deserve a facelift the most?

My vote is for the motel on Broad Street near downtown...the name escapes me. I know it provides a service for people needing a place to stay at a cheap rate...but does it have to look SOOO run-down?

Is there some kind of grant the city can provide to help these places "spruce up" their facades or something?

Which buildings or businesses would you like to see renovated?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Which buildings around M'Boro deserve a facelift the most?

My vote is for the motel on Broad Street near downtown...the name escapes me. I know it provides a service for people needing a place to stay at a cheap rate...but does it have to look SOOO run-down?

Is there some kind of grant the city can provide to help these places "spruce up" their facades or something?

Which buildings or businesses would you like to see renovated?

1. Not a facelift but a suggestion - Remove all warehouses and metal buildings out of downtown, talk about eyesores!

2. Motel Murfreesboro baby, this should have been gone, but should be gone soon when the bridge comes through.

3. City Center - Remove the house/farm like roof and place a blue glass pyramid crown on top that does light up at night

4. Designate Maney Avenue and the surrounding area (Academy, Highland, Vine, Castle etc.) a new urbanist restoration district and demolish all rundown housing and businesses. The buildings should be replaced with flats, lofts, apartments, mixed use, and retail similar to what's happening on East Main Street but on a much larger scale.

5. Murfreesboro's downtown is quite pleasant aside from what was mentioned. The buildings are well maintained and so is the landscaping. What dowtown needs is much more density, more height, more retail, more coffee shops, more arts, more clean entertainment, the good stuff any decent small to midsized city should have.

Edited by Justiceham