Things

mgsports

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/index.php Orlando's in here about the Dr.Phillips Wal-mart.

How about a Forum like this one http://forum.kcrag.com/index.php but in a Orlando one and it is a good Forum and the Orlando could have Forums for like Seminole County,one for Winter Garden/Ocoee/Clermont/so on,one for International Drive/Disney Area/Kissimmee,one for Apopka/Monut Dora/Eutis/Leesburg,one for Airport area/Goldenrold/so on,one for Downtown/Lake Eola/so on,one for Winter Park/Maitland/so on,one for UCF/Christmas/so on.one for Voulsia/Brevard County and so on.

Also like thespree.com but in a Semionle County one and Orange County and others could be added later.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was getting a headache just trying to read that. It's all good though. I'm originally from KC, so i like having two forums to go back to.

I actually like the Kcrag Forum quite a lot! I travel from Orlando to KC quite often and it helps keep me up to speed on the happenings in their town. They are of similar size and demographic and seem to be experiecing many of the same issues Orlando is dealing with. The only big differene I see is that they are certainly a more historic town with a lot of downtown density (allbeit many of the buildings are empty) and they have 2 well established Pro teams in sports I wish we had. Their Power & Light District seems to be a success and could be something we might try and emulate in downtown Orlando if Cordish were looked at to develop the area around the new Events Center.

Slight change of subject, but this kind of pisses me off. I know our Orlando Sentinel is not the world's greatest newspaper, but here is how they hacked one of Dear Abby's letters today--makes me think what else they are distorting through their copy editing. I only checked because I thought it was odd for Abby not to take the opportunity to make a comment about the costs of cancer.

Article Run in today's OS:

DEAR ABBY: As a younger man, my wives and I always flushed my cigarette butts down the toilet when in the bathroom. One day, our toilet overflowed. After getting the plumbing bill we found out all the cigarette filters had eventually clogged our sewer line. It was a costly lesson I hope other smokers will heed. -- SMARTER NOW IN THE U.S.A.

DEAR SMARTER NOW: Thank you for your helpful suggestion.

Article from Dear Abby's Website:

DEAR ABBY: From time to time you print helpful hints from readers, and mine could possibly save some families from incurring an expensive plumbing repair.

I have been married and divorced twice. As a younger man, my wives and I always flushed our cigarette butts down the toilet when in the bathroom. One day, we had a serious plumbing problem -- our toilet overflowed. After getting the plumbing bill we found out all the cigarette filters had eventually closed up our sewer line. It was a costly lesson I hope other smokers will heed -- and I'm not even mentioning the risk of cancer. -- SMARTER NOW IN THE U.S.A. DEAR SMARTER NOW: I won't mention the subject of cancer either. Thank you for your helpful suggestion, as well as the reminder that toilets were not intended for the type of butts you were flushing.

I guess the OS feels it is more important to educate people about Household Tips than to make mention about the cost of Smoking and Cancer.

• 2 weeks later...
I gave up on trying to decipher that forumer's posts a long time ago. Sometimes I wish "Schoolhouse Rock" was back on TV, then they could learn what Conjunction Junction's Function really is.

Archived