George Bush

monsoon

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...

Almost everyone is calling Barack Obama the President and not President-Elect. I sense that Bush's handlers are doing their best to keep him 'busy' with things, so he doesn't end up on TV and dashing our confidence any further.

• 2 weeks later...

What flabbergasts me is how did such a sorry excuse for a human get elected president of the United States twice. The problems we face as a country are endless and our economy is quickly shutting down, and he has shown absolutely no leadership, given no comfort, tried to remind people this is America and we will get through it, nothing. Nothing at all. The only thing he has been able to say for himself is that he is sorry there were no WMDs in Iraq and to repeat platitudes about 9/11. Given all the dire situations we are facing his only concern this week is how history will judge him. No apologies for anything, nothing.

My disgust for this man is only exceeded by my disgust for his vice president. I am sure this is not a unique feeling in this country. I remember the campaign chant, "4 more years". I don't know how we can take 4 more days.

Thank God this nightmare is almost over and he will be out of office and irrelevant in just a few days.

You can tell we're tired of Bush and have picked up on the same things you mentioned. I saw video of Obama's motorcade heading into DC tonight with people lining the street and cheering. Have we ever seen a president-elect welcomed so? It's not just because of the history he'll make.

What flabbergasts me is how did such a sorry excuse for a human get elected president of the United States twice. The problems we face as a country are endless and our economy is quickly shutting down, and he has shown absolutely no leadership, given no comfort, tried to remind people this is America and we will get through it, nothing. Nothing at all. The only thing he has been able to say for himself is that he is sorry there were no WMDs in Iraq and to repeat platitudes about 9/11. Given all the dire situations we are facing his only concern this week is how history will judge him. No apologies for anything, nothing.

My disgust for this man is only exceeded by my disgust for his vice president. I am sure this is not a unique feeling in this country. I remember the campaign chant, "4 more years". I don't know how we can take 4 more days.

Thank God this nightmare is almost over and he will be out of office and irrelevant in just a few days.

^That is a good question. I would say that not having a job, and all the other things that have gone with that, have cause a lot of people to wake up and pay attention. There still are a significant number of wing nuts, religious extremists and neo-cons out there that support what Bush has represented, and Sarah Palin has been anointed their leader, but fortunately the middle has moved away from this now. They have figured out the celebration of being stupid and proud of it doesn't put food on the table.

I think if we've learned anything from the last 4-8 years, it's basically... the Republicans are now only content with trying to scare the gullible and the ignorant into voting for them. All they have left is the social conservative line. And social conservatives alone are going to win elections?

Neither major party any more has any sense of fiscal responsibility, aside from maybe a handful of Congressmen and Senators.

LOL! And you think that Obama is good for the job. It amazes me how some people will elect a totally unqualfied, failure for president only because they hate Bush. Some real dumbasses in this country. Just give the boy time, he will screw up (again).

Archived