George Bush

monsoon

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And it is supposedly because he was packing some boxes to move. PLEASE! Only a Faux News viewer will believe that line. IF, and only if, he were packing boxes on his own it was because they were transcripts, White House visitation records, or something else they are known for hiding or destroying. Good riddance to this bunch. Like Obama or not, at least hope for a positive change in the country, around the world, and in our policy. I've already seen those that opposed Obama basically hoping he fails...really? Hoping for the worst for your country just so you can say 'I told you so'? That sure sounds patriotic. To those that expect him to fail, will you be happy if he doesn't since that would mean an improvement for the nation?

Its also fun to see those that claim he has somehow already failed before even taking office.

He won, he is about to be the president and much of the country is rejoicing. Accept it and lets get to the job of fixing our many problems (without pointing fingers about who caused them).

Of note: 2 million people in DC to see Obama get inagurated -- 400,000 went to see W.

I honestly can't believe the Bush nightmare is over and he is back in Texas for good. (his words on that last part) Bush walked out with onto the podium with Baynor, the drama queen, and McConnell, the senator who always looks miserable and wants everyone else the same way. The thing that struck me about Bush is that he looked like a deer dazed by headlights. A couple of other things caught my eye about that. Bill Clinton gave a look at Bush, while behind his back, that only Clinton could do. It was something like you you stupid SOB all while smiling. lol The other was the look that Laura Bush had. She had a look on her face like one looks at a poor suffering injured animal. I felt bad for her in a way as she is married to the biggest failure on the planet and had to sit there on that podium while entire world was celebrating, in part, the fact they were leaving town. That must have been tough.

The world isn't going to miss George Bush, and hopefully he will sink into the shadows so we won't be reminded of this period of American history that I assume most will want to forget. Of the 6 billion people living on this planet, Bush held a position that offered him unique opportunities to do some good in people's lives and he squandered them all. What a waste. We have to figure out now how to fix the damage caused to this country by the Bush administration, so the sooner he is gone, the better.

The other was the look that Laura Bush had. She had a look on her face like one looks at a poor suffering injured animal. I felt bad for her in a way as she is married to the biggest failure on the planet and had to sit there on that podium while entire world was celebrating, in part, the fact they were leaving town. That must have been tough.

The world isn't going to miss George Bush, and hopefully he will sink into the shadows so we won't be reminded of this period of American history that I assume most will want to forget. Of the 6 billion people living on this planet, Bush held a position that offered him unique opportunities to do some good in people's lives and he squandered them all. What a waste. We have to figure out now how to fix the damage caused to this country by the Bush administration, so the sooner he is gone, the better.

I see 4 things that people will always remind people of Bush, as they are definitely things that will go into the history books and children will read about in school eventually.

1. 9/11 . By far the largest terrorist attack in the US and an event that had dramatic effects around the world. This will no doubt come up and because Bush was president at the time of its occurrence, he will mentioned.

2. Hurricane Katrina. Definitely one of the worst natural disasters in our history and the first to practically put an entire major city under water. This will be amplified by the fact that are government was incompetent in its handling of the disaster and too slow to respond. Bush, once again, will be mentioned because he was president and thus, responsible for the response of the government to the disaster.

3. War in Iraq. He initiated it for one thing. Secondly, its what toppled Saddam and has proved to be a major headache and expensive war. Wars tend to go into the history books anyhow.

4. Economic Crisis. Definitely the worst since the great depression and one where we saw major American institutions fall; from Bear Stearns to Circuit City. Once again, Bush was president during a large portion of this and it will be speculated (regardless of our personal views) by historians and economists for a long time as to how much effect Bush himself had on this process. Now this is where Obama will get his first stain or first major victory, on how he handles the crisis and if he is able to steer us out of it.

I honestly can't believe the Bush nightmare is over and he is back in Texas for good. (his words on that last part) Bush walked out with onto the podium with Baynor, the drama queen, and McConnell, the senator who always looks miserable and wants everyone else the same way. The thing that struck me about Bush is that he looked like a deer dazed by headlights. A couple of other things caught my eye about that. Bill Clinton gave a look at Bush, while behind his back, that only Clinton could do. It was something like you you stupid SOB all while smiling. lol The other was the look that Laura Bush had. She had a look on her face like one looks at a poor suffering injured animal. I felt bad for her in a way as she is married to the biggest failure on the planet and had to sit there on that podium while entire world was celebrating, in part, the fact they were leaving town. That must have been tough.

San Francisco has always been in the vanguard of American trends. I think the whole country should follow S.F.'s lead and start naming every new sewage plant "The George W. Bush Waste Treatment Facility".

And maybe new landfills could be name after Uncle Dick: "The Dick Cheney Garbage Dump"

President Bush and his team have done a lot behind the scenes to protect us from subsequent terrorist attacks. Bush sacrificed his personal popularity for the safety and security of this country. History will eventually show this.

President Bush and his team have done a lot behind the scenes to protect us from subsequent terrorist attacks. Bush sacrificed his personal popularity for the safety and security of this country. History will eventually show this.

I agree with you on both of these points. Our government was entering into some scary areas -- taking freedoms in the name of protection would shock and awe the founding fathers. It was the whole point of what they set up or does 'Give me liberty or give me death' mean something that isn't obvious? If we didn't have to torture in WWII -- a far bigger threat than some angry band of well-armed thugs -- then why now? Why no due process? Why all the secrecy? The 'patriots' that support this don't understand what this country is all about I guess. Terror will always be around and we certainly need to prepare and defend against it, but not by sacrificing what our values and our country is built upon.

^

I was actually reading an article this morning at work that was covering torture during WWII and WWII vets they talked to said they got more information out of POWs playing pool and ping pong with them than they ever got out of threats and anything remotely torture. IIRC, many of the POWs from the first Iraq war gave the US a wealth of information that helped use win that one and we reportedly treated them far better than they were treated by their own government, giving them 3 meals a day, exercise, a good place to sleep, among other things. I stongly believe that we got as much information as we did there because we treated them like human beings, not a bunch of caged savages. I now ask myself, how much more information would we have gotten if the "prisoners" we got and sent to Guatamo bay if we had treated them much better, given them everything they need to practice their religion and so forth. Many of them there want to fight America, and I can't really blame them for that after the treatment they got under Bush. Makes you wonder how many of them actually hated the US before they went there...

I stongly believe that we got as much information as we did there because we treated them like human beings, not a bunch of caged savages. I now ask myself, how much more information would we have gotten if the "prisoners" we got and sent to Guatamo bay if we had treated them much better, given them everything they need to practice their religion and so forth.

^

I was actually reading an article this morning at work that was covering torture during WWII and WWII vets they talked to said they got more information out of POWs playing pool and ping pong with them than they ever got out of threats and anything remotely torture. IIRC, many of the POWs from the first Iraq war gave the US a wealth of information that helped use win that one and we reportedly treated them far better than they were treated by their own government, giving them 3 meals a day, exercise, a good place to sleep, among other things. I stongly believe that we got as much information as we did there because we treated them like human beings, not a bunch of caged savages. I now ask myself, how much more information would we have gotten if the "prisoners" we got and sent to Guatamo bay if we had treated them much better, given them everything they need to practice their religion and so forth. Many of them there want to fight America, and I can't really blame them for that after the treatment they got under Bush. Makes you wonder how many of them actually hated the US before they went there...

Archived