Fireworks Viewing Spots

Hey guys,

Anyone know where we can take a group of out-of-towners to view the fireworks that won't require a mandatory traffic jam after they're over? We have been to Crescent Park (pretty good, but gets crowded) and also on the Riverwalk near the post office (same thing- tons of people). I know that there are some good spots to be found, so if anyone is willing to let out the secret, hit me up PM or via this thread. Thanks, have a fun and safe 4th of July!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone know where we can take a group of out-of-towners to view the fireworks that won't require a mandatory traffic jam after they're over? We have been to Crescent Park (pretty good, but gets crowded) and also on the Riverwalk near the post office (same thing- tons of people). I know that there are some good spots to be found, so if anyone is willing to let out the secret, hit me up PM or via this thread. Thanks, have a fun and safe 4th of July!

I agree Veloise, we would be more than willing to ride our bikes from our house down there but have about 6 people going with us - and we don't mind a big crowd, either, its just that sometimes it gets way too crowded. We'll keep looking , though - thanks!

In general, the further you are willing to walk, the better off you will be afterwards. Last year I had to walk about 1 mile back to my car, but then got right on the freeway and didn't have any traffic issues to deal with.

Alternate option: hang around the downtown area for about an hour. All of the congestion has been gone by midnight the past 2 years.

We were treated to a spectacular display of fireworks at Mulick Park last night - seemed like an informal setup, just some people having fun, but they must have spent hundreds (if not thousands!) of dollars on fireworks, because it lasted about an hour! And we're not talking little things - these were fireworks shooting up and exploding overhead. It was a pretty fun experience for the whole neighborhood.

Anybody know who put this on? They seemed to know what they were doing.

Archived