Liberty? Tap Room

I sure wish the Liberty Tap Room would silence the lounge singers during the National Anthem at Drive games. It just seems very disrespectful to me, especially with troops in harms way. I guess their patriotic theme only goes so far.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that Liberty's food is amazing and the atmosphere is a lot of fun.

As for the question at hand, I don't think I see the problem. They are a neighboring establishment with no formal ties. Should drive games turn their lights off, stop fireworks, and silence their speakers after 9 or 10pm because of the surrounding residential neighborhoods? Maybe the people sitting down outside and inside the restaurant should also stand up and be silent during the national anthem, despite the fact that they are NOT at the game. If the band were inside the ballpark, then that would be one thing, but this IS outside the park despite its close location. Perhaps, similar requirements should also be in place for the residents of the Fieldhouse and Brick Street Lofts during Greenville High's school hours and the Drive's ballgames. Noise, activity, and people are going to spill over and spread in an urban core. It's not disrespectful to the surrounding establishments, it's the nature of LIFE of a downtown like Greenville's.

I agree that Liberty's food is amazing and the atmosphere is a lot of fun.

As for the question at hand, I don't think I see the problem. They are a neighboring establishment with no formal ties. Should drive games turn their lights off, stop fireworks, and silence their speakers after 9 or 10pm because of the surrounding residential neighborhoods? Maybe the people sitting down outside and inside the restaurant should also stand up and be silent during the national anthem, despite the fact that they are NOT at the game. If the band were inside the ballpark, then that would be one thing, but this IS outside the park despite its close location. Perhaps, similar requirements should also be in place for the residents of the Fieldhouse and Brick Street Lofts during Greenville High's school hours and the Drive's ballgames. Noise, activity, and people are going to spill over and spread in an urban core. It's not disrespectful to the surrounding establishments, it's the nature of LIFE of a downtown like Greenville's.

Does it hurt to be courteous for our neighbors, or do we have to find excuses why we can be courteous for three minutes?

When the Drive opened for business, the five churches within walking distance of the park had to be aware of game times in regard to worship services, and funerals and weddings and other events. The Drive have made an effort to work with them, seems being part of neighborhood involves being a neighbor, and being respectful.

We have a condo at the Fieldhouse, when the National Anthem is playing we go out on our deck and stand. I also get ticked at Clemson games when people are going up and down the aisles during the Anthem.

I don't remove my cap sometimes during the national anthem. What's the point in doing so? It's just a piece of fabric on my head. It's not hurting or disrespecting anybody. I still stand, keep silent, and look at the flag during the whole thing. Sometimes I think people take the national anthem a little too far. It's just a song. Oh and I agree with GvilleSC. It's a separate establishment not located in the ballpark. They don't have to cut off their music if they don't want to. It's their right.

I don't remove my cap sometimes during the national anthem. What's the point in doing so? It's just a piece of fabric on my head. It's not hurting or disrespecting anybody. I still stand, keep silent, and look at the flag during the whole thing. Sometimes I think people take the national anthem a little too far. It's just a song. Oh and I agree with GvilleSC. It's a separate establishment not located in the ballpark. They don't have to cut off their music if they don't want to. It's their right.

couldn't agree more....

i think using the word some instead of most would be more appropriate.

and what about people that are not from this country....do you thijnk they should abide by all these rules also...take off your hat, stand still, sing along. You cant really get mad at someone for walking around or doing whatever unless you personnaly know there reasons for doing so...could be religious, could be foreign, maybe they just think our government is failed and flawed and dont want to pledge their allegiance to it.....not everybody has the same views and opinions...sorry thats just how it is.

I know how it is and I also know common courtesy. On the occasion when the anthem of another nation is played in my presence, I stand quietly and remove my hat. I also don't pass funeral processions, do hold the door open for people, say thank you, speak when spoken to, let other drivers merge, and turn off my cell phone at the movie.

Out of courtesy and respect I remove my hat and stay quiet. Plus, I figure I should do the same as most people around me to keep on their good side. Nobody needs to know that it doesn't mean much to me so I just go along with it. Like Greenville said above, you're just frustrating yourself by being the odd man out.

Out of courtesy and respect I remove my hat and stay quiet. Plus, I figure I should do the same as most people around me to keep on their good side. Nobody needs to know that it doesn't mean much to me so I just go along with it. Like Greenville said above, you're just frustrating yourself by being the odd man out.

Archived