Longbranch Officially Closing

DPK

Rumors were circulating for a while on it and I guess they just can't compete anymore. I went there once a few years ago but it didn't really draw me in for repeat visits.

Ultimately, a combination of factors, including increasing overhead and escalating competition in the local entertainment landscape, doomed the Longbranch as much as high gas prices.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, on top of the $300,000 renovations. They should have cut their losses before they did the renovations and moved somewhere else closer to downtown perhaps. I mean their space was huge and all, but $40k a month huge, really??!

Rent is generally calculated by square footage and quoted in 12 month segments. A 10,000 sqft restaurant at $24 a foot is 240,000/12=$20,000 per month. I think Longbranch suffered the same fate as Hideaway bbq and couldn't make the business model fit. For Longbranch though generating 10,000 a week should have been no problem, even if they only had two prime days a week. A small bar like Times easily makes 2000 bucks in an evening average.

Archived