Meijer to replace 28th/Kalamazoo Ave store

Rybak 187

• 2 months later...

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My only complaint with this store: Dairy/Frozen Food placement. What were they thinking?

Likely: folks parking near the "home" entrance can be enticed to pick up some groceries if they have to walk past them. The Gaylord store is the same. (Not sure how it improves stocking or energy efficiency.)

ETA: found the store layout in Dad's old site plan submission post.

2786609751_d831710080_o.jpg

Grocery is along the east and rear walls, extending into the middle of the store. "Home" is along the west walls and the front. The cited frozen & dairy is smack in the middle of the store.

I like the re-use of the old arch.

Are there any plans for the out lots on this property?

The site is pretty tight, and doesn't have the typical raw land suburban Meijer outlots within the setbacks. Only one smaller outlot, and it's fairly land-locked in terms of access (no left turn to head west on 28th St).

I'll dig up the aerial...whoops, looks like everything I can find is older, showing the original store.

...here's the site plan:

2787465182_517d2162ae_o.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

My only issue with the arches is that they have a readable plaque about the arches and the old store at the arch by the front driveway off 28th. However, stopping a vehicle there to read it would cause traffic backups and it's not exactly the most 'pedestrain' accessible. Having plaques is a nice idea, but a bit of a waste if nobody's ever going to be able to read them.

My only issue with the arches is that they have a readable plaque about the arches and the old store at the arch by the front driveway off 28th. However, stopping a vehicle there to read it would cause traffic backups and it's not exactly the most 'pedestrain' accessible. Having plaques is a nice idea, but a bit of a waste if nobody's ever going to be able to read them.

They do have a similar plaque (might be the exact same wording - I don't remember) by the arch that is suspended in the front of the inside of the store. I agree that it's strange that they took the time to put a plaque where no-one can read it.

Archived