End-Zone express cancelled

nashvillwill

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm completely baffled. I need to do some more research, but i can't understand the reasoning behind this. Several times, i have taken the NYC subway 7 line to Shea Stadium for a Mets game. The line essentially terminates where Shea and Arthur-Ashe are located. The train service is HEAVILY increased on days the Mets play and during the U.S. Open. Do the Feds propose to eliminate this line completely?

Seriously, WTF?!

edit; I guess my pipe dreams of being able to take a shuttle to a Preds game has now vanished.

Can they not just ramp up service on special event days, and just not advertise for it?

You know.. on the day of a Titans game.. there just happens to be more buses or trains than usual running.. and more people than usual taking the bus/train.. but no ads displaying "come ride the End Zone Express"... ??

This is a hilarious new development! It we had private mass transit this would be a non issue because the owners/operators could conduct their service in whatever way they see fit. But now, since it involves government assets, everthing has to be "fair". Ahh, the joys of collectivism!!

• 1 month later...
The "charter" rule only affects the public sector's eligibility to provide these types of services when there is private-sector interest. There aren't any private-sector rail companies in the area that are interested / available to provide passenger service to the Titan's games.

Archived